Seventy-one

November 3rd
11:05am
New York City, New York

When Harper woke up, the first thing she did was check her phone after realizing that Corbyn wasn't next to her, holding her- the way he was then the two fell asleep after the amazing night they had shared.

Reading the text he sent her, she felt the largest smile spread across her face, Corbyn always seemed to make her heart swell and flutter unlike anything before.

Getting up she decided to take a warm shower and change from the small amount of clothing she was wearing from the night before.

Not that Harper would admit this to Corbyn, but when she woke up and he wasn't next to her and then didn't answer when she called out for him- she felt an extreme amount of anxiety build up inside her causing her stomach and body to feel sick.

Anxiety had been something she had been struggling a lot more with lately and she always seemed to feel safe and less anxious when he was around, waking up with him just gone scared her.

Feeling the hot water softly fall on her body she felt relaxed knowing he'd be home soon, they'd spend the day just the two of them- like the world didn't exist. No phones just food, then and the slight glow from one of their laptops as Netflix played. She liked the sound of doing something so normal with him, they didn't get a lot of normal.

After wrapping her hair in a towel and slipping on Corbyn's black hoodie with the large C in the middle and a pair of girl boxer shorts, Harper slipped back into the slightly still warm bed. Giving herself a small smile, she grabbed the remote to the tv and turning it on, trying passing the time until Corbyn got back.

Harper was flipping through channels when a new report caught her eye.

"4 car accident, one dead 3 injured just near time square. All we know right now was that the man who died was a male around 19/20, we have no name for this John Doe as of yet- police, investigators and EMT arrived less than thirty minutes ago. Back to you bailey"

Harper reached for her phone right away, clicking on Corbyn's number and brining the phone to her ear. She needed to know he was okay, she just needed to hear his voice.

But the call went right to voicemail.

So she called again.
And it went right to voicemail.

So she called three more times.
And each time they went to voicemail.

So then she texted the boys in the groupchat.
None of them answered.

So then she called Corbyn again.
And it went to voicemail, again.