Sixty-eight

November 2nd
1:37pm
Philadelphia Pennsylvania

"Shouldn't you be in class Jake?"Harper asked after unwrapping her arms from Corbyn(much too soon as far as she was concerned) and turning to face the asshole- Corbyn's lengthy arms wrapping protectively around her waist.

"Probably, But I thought this would be more fun"he said with a smirk, a smirk Corbyn wanted nothing more than to smack off his face.

"No more girls to trick and check off your list?" She asked with a small laugh, earning a snicker from the love of her life behind her.

"No darlin, I'm still working on you"

"As if she'd sleep with you" Corbyn snapped moving from behind the girl to beside her- almost in front of her. Corbyn could feel the heat rase to his cheeks as his pulse got faster- anger building up in him at even the thought of him touching her again, even the world "again" made him cringe in anger. There shouldn't have been a first time.

He never should have let Jakes lips touch Harpers, he never should have let Jake cuddle her or hug her- not in the way he did. All of this would have gone a lot differently if Corbyn had grown balls when Harper had texted the boy about Jake.

"A challenge has never stopped me before" Jack snarled as he walked closer to the blonde, their eyes locking.

"No but her boyfriend will"Corbyn was almost ready to walk the few inches closer and to punch the asshole, to give him what he deserved, but Harpers hand locked with his was enough to keep him grounded, to keep him sane.

"And what do you think is gonna happen when your traveling the world pop star? And she needs someone, when she's vulnerable and sad? When you just aren't enough for her anymore? I'll be here and you won't be" he smirk with a rude chuckle at the end.

"To kiss her, to touch her, to make her m-"

Now he was ready.

Dropping her hand, Corbyn lunged forward-catching the boy off guard and punching him as hard as possible right in the nose- making him drop to the ground in pain. Both Corbyn and Harper heard the crack of his bone as he dropped. Grade 11 fitness had come in handy.

"There won't be a time where your hands will ever touch her again, do you understand?" Corbyn whispered as he bent down. He was positive that he had never been so angry before.

He didn't care if this went in the media, he didn't care if he got screamed at by Jonah and Daniel for doing something careless that will reflect bad on them- was it selfish? Yes, but for a few seconds he was just a teenage boy, a teenage boy who was protecting the girl he loved and he knew for a fact that Jack or even Daniel himself would have done the same thing.

Standing back up he walked over to the girl who stood behind him with wide eyes.

"Come on baby, we have New York waiting for us" he smiled, kissing her cheek and picking up her school bag she had dropped when she first hugged him. His tone was soft and gentle with her and so were his eyes- as if he had never even been mad in the first place.

Harper had seen many sides to Corbyn, but this was a different side, different than anything she had ever seen before.

"You hit him" she snorted after he pulled out the schools parking lot.

"Did you hear what he was saying?! Name one guy who wouldn't have punched him" Corbyn replied, shaking his head, still a little angry thinking about the words.

No one would kiss her but him, no one would touch her but him, simply because he never planned on losing her.

Harper had been the most amazing thing to ever happen to him and the thought of another man loving her the way he did was enough to break him. Corbyn wanted to be the only guy to hug her, to kiss her, to be there when she needed someone and he wanted to do that forever.

Harper reached over and interviewed Corbyn's free hands with hers.

"None of that was true. I know you travel, I know your busy sometimes, I know we can't spend everyday together- even if we want too, but I signed up for that and if I didn't think I could handle it I wouldn't have said yes. But I can. If it was anyone else I wouldn't be sure about it. But it's you, and I'm more than positive. And if I get into UCLA there's more time for us, it's only till the end of the year baby, but don't ever think I'll just turn to someone when you aren't there at the moment" Harper told him seriously, the pad of her thumb rubbing smooth circles on the back of his hand before brining it up and placing a soft kiss to it, knowing that right now he probably needed some reassurance.

"I can't wait until you move to LA, away from him, from the assholes that live in your town, where I can always protect you" Corbyn said sadly. He felt like a shit boyfriend right now, sometimes Harper made him wish he was just a normal guy again, simply for the fact that things could be easier for them if he was.

But he wouldn't wish the band or the fans to be gone either, he just simply wished he could do both at the same time.