Epilogue

August 17th(2028)
8:30am
San Diego, California

"Corbyn!Come on, we are gonna be late!"Harper yelled as she stood at the bottom of the stairs, her Navy blue scrubs on, her natural curly with the sides tied back, with their five month old baby placed safely on her one hip.

"Coming!"He yelled as he walked slowly behind their four year old who had just learned how to safely get down the stairs without causing them to have a panic attack.

"We were having outfit trouble, Lila wanted yellow instead of blue" Corbyn said with a playful roll of his eyes as he pressed a kiss to his beautiful wife cheek, and patting baby Elijah on the bed, his heart melting as he got a look at his perfect family.

"Excited for your first day back?"He asked while he bent down to put on Lila's shoes, the little girl sitting on the bench by the front door, slightly kicking her little left leg out while Corbyn put the right shoe on. Lila looked like the perfect mixture of the two of them, her hair was darker than her fathers but lighter than Harpers, her hair not straight but not extremely curly either. Her eyes were the same because ocean colour as Corbyn while her smile "looks just like her beautiful mothers" Corbyn said frequently.

"Yeah, Im worried about Mrs.Robinson, she was supposed to have the transplant by now"Harper frowned as she thought about one of her first patients her after her year of being an intern. By now she was an attending, the job she had been excited for since her first day of med school.

"You'll make it happen, you always do when it comes to medicals"There was a moment where everything stopped, Harper and Corbyn just smiled at each other. In that moment they weren't parents, home owners, doctors and artists, they were just them, the couple who met over text. Those were the moments that reminded them how much they loved each other. Corbyn once told her that everything was less scary when she was by his side, and its still true. Nothing was every as scary to them when the other was by their side.

"Backpack check, teeth brushed?"Harper asked, bending down slightly as Corbyn took the baby boy outside, to place him in his car seat.

"Yep!"The little girl smiled, making her to show off her perfect white teeth.

"Remember what we said?"

"School is fun, people might be asses but its okay, im smarter than them"

"Lila Ann! Who taught you that?!"Harper asked, her mouth hung open as she looked at her daughter.

"Uncle Jo and dad. They were asking me to spell a bunch of stuff" Lila was diagnosed somewhere along the septum of Aspergers. She was smarter than any five year old Harper had ever seen, but it worried her how much of Lila wasn't a social being.

"I packed your books, but try to play with the other kids okay?"

"Cant I just come to work with you again? Aunt Jo let me go on rounds with her last time!"

"Im sorry kiddo, not this time"She frowned, placing her daughters backpack on her shoulders before grabbing her tiny hand and walking out the door.

Harper felt tears in her eyes as she walked her daughter to the kindergarten gate; her first day of school. Any parent would tell you this was a big step. The idea of officially sending your daughter out into the world, it was scary. Harper hated school; she didn't want the same thing for Lila.

"Momma, why are you crying?"

"its just for your first day, its sad"

"Why?" Harper bent down, her knees on the pavement as she locked eyes with her little girl.

"Because it means I have to share your awesomeness with people. Its so special I don't wanna share"

"You're my momma, there will always be extra for you"Her tone was more "duh" but it didn't make Harpers heart swell any less, it only began to melt more when Lila through her little arms over her moms shoulders and hugged her as tight as she possibly could.

"Have a good day baby, Aunt Ellie is gonna pick you up after school okay?"

"With Uncle Jo?"

"Yes, with Uncle Jo"Harper smiled as she pressed a kiss to Lila's forehead before watching her daughter run through the school gate, the teacher making eye contact with the curly haired mom in scrubs and smiled.

"Im home!"Harper yelled, her hair in a bun and her feet hurting as her eyes adjusted to the dimly lit house.

"Im the kitchen baby"Corbyn yelled, the sound of the knife hitting the chopping board echoed as she walked closer to the kitchen. She could see candles lit all around the living room as the lighten lights were on medium instead of bight. Turning there Corner, there stood her husband as he chopped away, a glass of wine waiting for her while the smell of his amazing Chicken Alfredo wafted throughout the room.

"Have I ever told you I loved you?"She asked as she slid into a seat on the breakfast bar. Stopping what he was doing, he brought her glass of wine over to her, placing a soft kiss to her lips while setting the glass down.

Her heart still melted like the very first time they kissed.

"How was your day?"He asked, walking back to the other side.

"Mrs.Robinson got the transplant today. There was a complication so it took longer than I thought. 7 hours standing in the O.R. it was a crazy first day. Plus it was new Intern day, I swear they teach them less every year"Harper mumbled causing her husband to laugh and shake his head.

"Wheres the little munchkins?"

"Jo and Ellie took them for the night, said it would be good practice. I can't believe she's due in a few months"

"I know, and Zach and Hazel won't be far behind. They got married last year, im surprised it hasn't happened yet"

"Seems so crazy, ten years and we are still all here"

"Really? I didn't think any of us would be anywhere else" The statement was as truthful as Harper could be. They were a family; all ten of them. Those ten had their own families but it only made one bigger one. The band might have been in retirement, but that didn't mean for once second they weren't still a family.

Harper smiled as she watched her husband plate their dinner. Her life was perfect. Perfect to her didn't mean it wasn't messy at times, doesn't mean there aren't fights, but this life was everything she wished for; it was everything she wanted.

She knew she'd be okay, as long as she had her family.

_____

Im Crying, I have actually tears. Ocean eyes has always been one of my favourite stories. And its officially over. Thank you all so so much, for reading and coming back; even after the long break. Thank you to all the people who will read it, who come back and read it again. Who go on to read the other four books in this series. Thank you for the love and support that you all have blessed me with.

Uber(second book in the series) is almost at its 50th chapter, while Lyrics(Daniel) and Order(Jonah) have just begun, so if your not ready to sat goodbye to the series like I am; please feel free to go check it out.

Goodbye ocean eyes;

-Lis