Sixty-seven

November 2nd
1:30pm
Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Harper sat in her fourth and final class of the day, although it had just started Harper was counting down the seconds until the bell. Her english teacher had basically given them a free period, it was the last class before the break and both her and the students had started shutting down for break mode. She played the movie "Juno" and gave some bullshit talk about how they'd have a class discussion about the analyzations of the characters and what students took from them- although that was just said in case anyone higher up walked in.

"I still don't understand how she landed someone famous, she's probably just using him for his money" Harper heard a girl whisper from behind her as another one snickered in response.

"Maybe she should use him for new shoes first"

"Hes gotta be dumb to date someone like her, did you hear what happened with her and Jake?"

Tears started to well up in Harpers eyes as she listened to the two girls talk shit in the back row. She had an hour left, only an hour but she didn't feel like she could make it through. This last week had been so draining and she had tried hard. She tried to keep a happy face and mood and for the most part it had worked but it felt like everyone who possibly could shit on her and ruin her day did and to make it even worse she hadn't heard from Corbyn almost all day. She knew he was busy, she knew that there would be days where he wouldn't be able to answer right away and she always supported him, she always understood and she never held it against him, but today she was being selfish, today she just needed him.

Her watery snapped up from her lap to the teacher as she walked over to the ringing phone hanging on the wall, the teachers eyes met Harpers before she spoke.

"Yes, she's here. Okay Ill tell her. Now? In the back? Okay. Okay. Thank you"

Harpers stomach dropped as Mrs.Smith made her way over to Harpers desk. The call had been for her, her head started swarming with possibilities.

"Harper, your dad is waiting in the back parking lot, theres been a family emergency, take this and go"Her teacher whispered, sorrow filling her eyes as she talked to the student, handing her a pass to leave. Harpers heart dropped next as she stood up and picked up her binder before rushing out of the class.

Her locker seemed farther than it ever had before as she walked as quickly as possible. What family? Was her dad hurt? Her brother? Corbyn? She could feel the beat of her heart start to speed up, almost thumping out of her chest as she started booking it down the hall.

She had never felt this way before, helpless, alone, scared, broken, She didn't know how to fix it. She didn't think she could.

Pushing the door to the back parking lot open, her heart rate slowed down as she saw Corbyn standing against a black SUV, a large smile on his face as he looked at her, the sight of him almost taking her breath away.

Her short legs walked as fast as humanly possible to the boy by the car- who's arms were already opened and waiting for her. Dropping her black school bag by the boys feet her arms wrapped tightly around his neck and as she held on to him for dear life. Her once watery eyes again glossing over and before she could control it a loud sob left her lips.

He showed up early, she needed him more than anything and it was like magic, like she had gotten her wish.

"Why are you crying?" Corbyn whispered in her ear, a frown on his face as his large warm hands rubbed up and down her small back, giving her all the comfort she could ever ask for.

"Its- its just been a long day and when they said a family emergency I thought someone was hurt and, I just need you" She whispered into her shoulder, her tears still flowing freely onto the soft fabric of her clothes.

"Aw, if it isn't for the power couple" A voice laughed, causing both of them to snap their heads up, only to be met with the person who had made her life a living hell and broken his girls heart.

Jake.