Chapter 4

Faruk's P.O.V
Just as I was about to leave Hameed's house, I missed a step from the stair case and rolled down, hitting my head on the floor. It was my fault, I was walking-chatting. My vision became blurry and could see Hameed shouting at Khadija to bring the car key. I don't know what happened afterwards I just woke up to see my family staring at me. I could see that mum has been crying. Hameed quickly went out and came in with a doctor. "Hey,what's your name?" The Doctor said, "my name?,um..Faruk,Faruk Umar". The Doctor sighed of relief, he assured everyone that I was going to be fine. Baba looked a bit angry, he started" what were you thinking of Faruk that you had to fall off a stair case? Please tell us!" I was silent, I wouldn't dare tell him its because I was chatting, because he'd probably slap me out of anger. Upon my silence, he continued "Or is it because of your planned marriage with Rukayya?Isn't she beautiful enough? If it's that,tell me,there must be a reason". Wait..did Dad just spilled everything out? Dad is impossible! Can't he wait for us to go home? Through the corner of my eyes I could see Khadija's eyes turning watery, I gave her a please don't worry, I'll explain face but she still couldn't hold it back. A drop of tear rolled down her left cheek, and she started breathing heavily. I was about to tell Hameed to take her out when she suddenly fell, thanks to Hameed, he had a really fast reflex,he grabbed her just in time. She just collapsed, Ya Allah,let nothing happen to her cos I won't be able to forgive myself,i prayed. She was quickly taken out of the room, it was then that Baba realized his mistake! I had always told him it's Khadija I love and I'll wait for her to finish her university, now look what he has done! I sat up and said " Baba,you would have waited for us to go home, anyway,let me go and check on.." Before I could finish what I was saying, mum started yelling at me "Faruk! Are you out of your mind? Since when did you become like this? Ka sha Kwaya ne? (Have you taken drugs?)". I was very angry, but there was nothing I could do,I don't fight with classmates, not to talk of parents. " Am sorry, please forgive me". Just then,Hameed walked in,"Faruk,what are you doing? The Doc said you should lie down,don't worry, Khadija is fine, she just had a severe headache ". Hameed convinced me that she was going to be fine. Hameed's phone rang, " hello,yes mum,but she'll be fine, okay I'll give him",with that, Hameed handed the phone to my Dad. "Yes,it's necessary I think" Baba said before he handed the phone to Hameed. Everyone left the room except for Hameed,he told me that my parents were going to his house to meet with his. Then he gave me an usual look,"why did you hide this from us?"
Hi guys! Hope you're beginning to start liking and disliking some of the characters. Is Khadija going to recover? What will be the outcome of the meeting that will hold at Hameed's house? Let's find out in the next chap! Thanks to tima32 AFRICANBITCH you guys are the best,thanks for the support!
With love,from Amin💜💜💜