Chapter 29

Hameed's P.O.V

Several weeks have passed by. The Faruks have arrived from their trip. I have gotten my camera and everything at work is going great.

I asked Zeenah out in a spectacular way at her school's cafeteria. The video even went viral. She never could've imagined been publicly asked out. I was so nervous before I did that, what if she says no? I kept asking myself. It would have been my most embarrassing moment in the world. She knew I was coming to the her school,not the cafeteria. A little cooperation from her best friend and it went perfect. All I did was hand over the ring to the waiter before time.
"Just serve her with the ring when she orders" I told him.

She opened her plate of rice only to find it garnished with a beautiful ring that seemed to cost a fortune.

She called on the waiter to lodge her complaint when he told her it was part of the order.

"Part of the order as how?" She asked

Then I gave her a tap at her shoulder. Turning to my sight,she covered her face in her palms.

"Hameed is this for real?" She asked through her palms

"Yes Zeenah" it's for real I replied.

"I really want us date,give me a chance to show you a better view of the world,would you?" I asked just as my knee hit the ground.

I could hear people from the background cheering and urging her to say yes. She nodded her head in acceptance. I reached out for the ring and cleaned it with a tissue and inserted it on her finger. It looked like where it was manufactured to be. Then she stood and I stood,her eyes turned teary. I reached out with my hand and wiped away her tears. She  gave me a warm embrace. Her arms around me felt like home,a home I've been missing. I enjoyed everyone's support from the cafeteria to spectators who became part of our story.

"All bills on me" I said and the cafeteria went into a roar of cheers.

Zeenah's P.O.V

Did I tell you Hameed asked me out for a date? Man that was literally my best day. I and my best friend Hadeezah went for a normal lunch at the school cafeteria when suddenly I spotted a problem. A beautiful ring on my plate of rice. How careless could they be? I called the attention of the waiter. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning to see who it was,I saw Hameed standing tall above me with a broad smile. Omg! I couldn't believe that was happening. I covered my face in shyness, and people started to record on their phones. I didn't clearly hear what he asked for but I still nodded,it was a yes whatever it was that he asked. I wanted to say it with my lips but it felt like my tongue too had gown down to  my stomach. I stood to give him a hug. But he wouldn't let me do that until his warm hands wiped away my tears. I embraced him as new set of tears flowed down my cheeks. "It's okay,it's okay" he whispered in my left ear. In a word,that day was

Memorable!

Hameed's P.O.V

While at work,Faruk called to tell me Khadijah complained of body aches and the Doctor recommended an ultrasound scan. He explained that he was suspecting pregnancy. I urged him to calm down and wait for the result of the test.

I haven't heard from Haneefah all these while. She refused to answer my calls and refused to call back my missed calls. Maybe it helped as I'm totally over her now.

On a cool Saturday, I decided to take Zeenah to the cinema. I wanted us to watch "The sun is also a Star" . It was premiered a long time ago but I still wanted to hear all those sweet lines with someone as sweet. I enjoyed every bit of the movie.