Chapter 16

Khadijah's P.O.V
Time's moving so fast. I just returned home today from Khartoum to get my transcripts and say good bye to my friends. My marriage is already here. I and Faruk have decided not to see again after we almost lost control the other night,a night before I left for Sudan. Maybe it was my fault,he looked all worried and was imagining things out of nothing,he constantly said "what if something happens to you there,i wish I bought a ticket to accompany you". Then in attempt to calm him down,i held his face in my palm,and told him " i'll be fine baby,I'll be fine". While consoling him,I kept caressing his sideburns and I don't know what else happened. I just later realized we've been kissing, I don't know how long that lasted,we were so lost in our lust, his eyes looked milky,his pupils dilated, I could see the fire in them,wanting to burn me. But we had to stop it,for our own good. Moreover, after having my v card intact for so many years, I don't think it's something I should lose outside, even though he's paid the dowry,we weren't yet in matrimony.

In as much as I'm happy to get married, I'll miss my friends, most importantly Teamah and Siyama. I'll miss our girls out dinner dates at "jalapeños restaurant". One night I'll never forget was when we went to a Nigerian restaurant because we missed our local food and there's this guy that has been staring at Siyama,she's the most shy of us. Teamah was the boss Lady, without her,we're in trouble! She always saves our as*es! She majestically walked up to the guy,I could see the guy smiling, he thought she was going to help him I guess. Upon reaching his table,she told him " Akh! Lower your gaze or I'll lower your pride".
Guy was left with mouth wide open. After dinner,guy  came in to apologize and asked if he could talk to Siyama. Siyama was okay with it but will Teamah listen? No!

"Say everything you want to say here" she started

"OK,it's fine,actually I'm sorry again for what happened and I'll like to have your number if you don't mind" he said looking sober

"Nah akhi! No number for you today, okay? Maybe next time" Teamah replied

When I got tired I asked "Siyama,ni kam won't you say anything neh?"

"What's your name?" Finally Siyama asked the guy

"I'm Alee! Engineering student at El-razi! I'm a Nigerian too" he said

Siyama couldn't stand it, she was already blushing, I don't think she ever spoke this closely to a guy before. And the guy was not ready to leave without her digits. She gave him and promised to call later and he did. But Teamah wouldn't allow anyone to rest,she thought we took her for a fool for giving out Siyama's number. They say the heart is kind to those who are kind to it. Well,Alee and Teamah started to get along well when he brought her gifts on her birthday. That's a story for another day,I'll miss my friends.

Now I'm home and everything is going fine. Except that Ya Hameed is not doing well at all. He seems to be isolating himself and he says it's "nothing" whenever someone asked. But the fact that he wasn't fine was written all over his body like a graffiti. Whenever something is wrong with him,all he needs is some s-p-a-c-e...if you want to be on good terms with him during times like this,give him s-p-a-c-e.

But as a sister,I couldn't watch him like that. Moreover, it's 2 weeks to my wedding and I can't let this continue till then. I'm spending my last days at home, I wouldn't want to leave anyone behind unhappy.

I called Faruk,he should know if something's wrong with Ya Hameed.

"Hello azizaty!" He said as he cleared his throat

"I'm fine guy,and you?" I replied sarcastically

"I'm good, but if you call me that again, I'll bite off your lips" he said in a command tone

"Haha,Malam Faruk,you can only do that in two weeks"

"It'll soon come ai,you'll see"

"You're right about that...I called to ask about Ya Handed,something seems to be wrong with him"

"Errr.  You know what? I'll call you back in a second. Let me talk to him first"
I could sense the tension in his voice, something was definitely fishy.

I can't stand this,I walked straight up to Ya Hameed's room. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. A man lying down at the edge of the bed with a nicotine patch on his hand!! It was the scariest moment of my life, I quickly stepped out,I hope he didn't notice me. Ya Hameed never ever used drugs ever since we knew him. I wouldn't have known it was a nicotine patch if I wasn't a medical student. I really have to do something! And it has to be fast!

Author's note: Yes,we have come to the end of chapter 16. What will you do if you were in Khadijah's shoes?

Thank you to everyone who has stood by me and pushed me to write this chapter. I'm most grateful. 10 days till Ramadan. May Allah grant us the ability to witness it. Ameen
Update coming up at 12:00am inshaAllah!