CHAPTER 9

Hameed's P.O.V
I see,now I understand why She's been acting weird these days... Let me give her a call [phonecall gets answered] ..

Zahrah: Salamu alaikum

Hameed: Wlykm salam! How're you?

Zahrah: Like the way you left me

Hameed: The way I left you? Or the way left me?

Zahrah:Here,look..I'm feeling sleepy,don't ruin my mood

Hameed: After you've ruined mine?

Zahrah: What do you Want me to do Hameed?

Hameed: You know better!

Zahrah: You know that's not happening

Hameed:  Oh yes,it is

Zahrah: Or else

Hameed:Or else? For real? Or else we're over

Zahrah:And what if we're over? Does that mean i am free to sleep? Goodnight

Hameed: Why are you so stubborn?..answer me...hello!

So this girl has the guts to just hang up on my call like this...ikon Allah(what a surprise)
Let me play my music jare! "This life I can't kill myself o,I can't kill myself oo,"I played  Timaya's banger that has gotten Nigerians crazy for a while. And now it's time I behave like a typical Nigerian. Doesn't give a damn,everything is a joke to my people. Perhaps,that's why we are where we are..

It's 12:00AM, I know Zaharh's awake. I really wanted to just man up and forget about her for a while. But I couldn't, maybe I've fallen deeper than I actually I thought I did. Now,I'm beginning to hate love. Why should I love someone who's giving me insomnia (lack of sleep),and that too,in a bad way.

[Phone beeps!]
It's a message from Zahrah..Oh,she too must have been thinking of me. Haha..seems I'm not the only one in this. The smile on my face faded immediately I read the first line of the text.

" Hameed,we've had a good run,but I think we've reached the finish line,too soon. I also wanted something good to happen from this relationship but it seems nothing's good coming out of this. I'm officially Calling this off from my side. I hope you too will. Bye"

Well,that didn't sound like a joke! We've never joked like that before. I was so shocked! The word "sorry" from her would've solved everything. I finally gathered myself and had some hours of sleep.

"Hey,Hameed,wake up" it sounded like a dream until I perceived some turaren wuta (A hausa traditional incense) greeting my nostrils as though I was in a Perfumery.

"Wake up...wake up" I could clearly recognise Mama's voice.

"Ina kwana mama (good morning mama)"

"Lafiya (fine),you don't look like someone who has prayed"

"Actually, I didn't, I just slept a few hours ago"

"And what does your clock say?"

"Innalillahi,11:00AM? How possible is that?"

"Are you asking me?"

"What about Dad's flight?"

"Tun yaushe ya kira abokin shi yazo ya kaishe (he had already called his friend to take him),now go and pray,you'll be getting me some fried rice ingredients from the market,we'll be having a visitor,and she's coming along with two of her daughters too"

"Okay,who's that visitor?"

"Ina ruwan ka? " (what's your business?) "

In an hour, I was ready,I've gotten the list from mama.
-Carrot
-Green beans
-Green pepper
-Cabbage
-Mayonnaise for coleslaw
-Curry powder
-Peas
-Onions

Thank God! They're all stuffs that I can get at a go. I have a regular shop I go to in wuse market,the man is so friendly. I could actually go to his shop with the list of all I need and he'll send his boys to get it for me. So no issues with Mama's proposal. I actually dislike going to the market.

In 45 minutes, I was back home with the ingredients. Mama still insists I wasted a lot of time.
"The guests are arriving in a few minutes" Mama said

I handed over the stuffs to Adama,our maid, so she and Khadija would go and start cooking.

Finally, from my window, I could sight a white Land cruiser coming into our house. The car doesn't look familiar. They must be the guests Mama has been talking about. I quickly went to the toilet,performed ablution, and said my Zuhur(muslim prayers said at early noon,the 2nd of the 5 daily prayers). From my room,I could over hear Mama saying "Ehh,yara kam sun girma(oh yh,the children have grown up)". I knew the next thing that was going to happen. Khadija was sent to me that my attention was needed in the parlour. I asked her who were the guests and she replied it was one of mama's old friend who moved to Abuja recently.

Immediately I stepped into the parlour, I froze!! Zahrah? In my house? With my mama? Kutumelesi! I wished the ground could open up and swallow me. After a while, I was snapped out of  my trance by mama's voice " This is Hameed,the one I gave birth to while we were in Kano".

"Good afternoon" I greeted Zahrah's mother

"Afternoon, how're you my dear? Ya karatu(how's studies)?"

"Alhamdulillah,we have completed our studies"

"How cool?,saura aure kenan(remaining marriage)"

"Hhh, yes,In Sha Allah(God's willing)"

"Well,I've brought a wife for you then" she said pointing at Zahrah

"You guys can have some words outside I guess" Zahrah's mum continued.

Hello guys!!!! I know this story has taken a turn we all didn't expect..but I think it's for the good. It's like even God doesn't want this relationship to destroy so easily😂😂 Who would like to know how their conversation would be like? There's only one way to find out! And that's by checking tomorrow's update. Thanks everyone for the love and support. Yesterday alone,my reads went from 1.3K to 1.4k. Thanks a lot! Have a nice day