Chapter 20

You're the one that gives me so much energy
Whenever I'm running low you always give me energy
Baby me I want you.. For your energy
Me and you combined in a room what a synergy
                                     Synergy- Bvlvmi
---------------------------------------------------------
Faruk's P.O.V

It's been two weeks since I got married to Khadijah. "Alhamdulillah" is all I've been whispering in my prayers for the past two weeks. The wedding took place on a low key. Only immediate families and very close associates were invited. Even at that,there were lots of drama scenes. From the cake of the bride and groom looking different from what was ordered, to the shortage of certain utilities. I never new it was this difficult to organize a wedding. But thanks to Hameed,babban yaya(big brother). He made sure every challenge was faced accordingly. My family members can talk!!! I even heard one my aunties saying "yarinyan ma fa ba yar wani Don bane(the girl is not even from a wealthy family)". I wasn't surprised,it's aunty Rabi after all, she can say worst. She always spots the dark spot in a white gele(veil),but that's not the problem, must she talk? Her eldest son is still a bachelor because she denied him getting married twice,saying the girls weren't her type!

All in all,the wedding was a beautiful one. Khadijah surprisingly didn't wear a heavy makeup. She dressed in a flamboyant grey gown with off shoulders. The golden embroidery around the neck was beautiful. The high heel gave her an advantage of seeming taller than she really is. The gown was a bit tightened at the waist. I only imagined how heavy the gown would have felt on her.

As for me,I love my things simple! I wouldn't mind if everything would've been done in an hour so I can finally shout on top of  my voice that I am the happiest man in the world. I wore a Kaftan too to match up with hers. Unlike hers,the embroidery design on mine was silver. My body sure screamed money!! The 250K Hublot on my right wrist captured everyone's attention. I've always worn my watches on my right wrist, people said it was weird,but people will always be people, my wrist, my watch,my rules! My shoe was inspired by the emir Sanusi type of footwear. The Moroccan pair was made from carefully removed feathers of peacocks. I could feel part of the greatness the royals always had whenever they wore one. It felt so comfy.

"Breakfast is ready" Khadijah drags me by hand. I have been so lazy lately.

"Toh Hajiya! I can see you really want to flex your muscles this morning" I said dragging her to me.

"Haha...I am stronger than you think o" she says clenching her fist and taking a step backward.

"Let's find out" I said swiftly taking her up by her legs in my arms.

"Drop me.. Drop me" she said waving her legs to make me drop her.

"I'm not dropping you here" I said and kept pushing door after door with my leg till I reached the dining. Once I reached the dining, I dropped her off carefully.

"But you know what you did is cheating ba?" She pouted

"How's it cheating? You were the one boasting up and down and there you were in my arms like a doll baby" I joked

"Are you taking the tea first?" She asked

"Yeah! My intestines need to wake up"

"Kai kam! I wonder what would happen if you studied medicine" she said shaking her head

"I don't have the brain for that..my wife is doing it for me" I smiled

"Here's your tea,I don't have appetite wlh" she shrugged her head

I reached for her neck with my hand to feel her temperature.

"Your temperature's okay" I said

"Come sit here let me feed you" I offered pointing on my lap

"I'm okay" she said. OK,things were getting serious. I could see the smile on her face slowly sublime

"What's wrong hun?" I asked looking concerned

"I'm just thinking of how lonely I'll be in the house once you start going to work"she lamented.

" oh,is that all? Shikenan I'll go and resign,now come and eat" I dragged my chair towards hers and hand her over my tea while I poured another into a new cup.

"Stop joking, you can't resign ai"

"Anything for my wife" I said reaching her mouth with a spoon of tea while she opens up to receive it.

"That's my girl" I said,and continued "when are you guys resuming school?"

"In 3 months"

"Okay,that makes it perfect" I said clapping my hand

"Perfect as in?" She looked puzzled

"Have you ever heard the words Bali? Marrakech? And Malibu?"

"Of course"

"We're visiting all of them next week"I broke the news to her

" Stop joking,I thought you said we aren't going out? "

"Well,I was waiting for a certain deal before finalizing,and why do you think I stole your passport last week"I winked with my right eye.

" oh my God! it was you,I thought I actually left it at home,wow"

"You can inform your people, I've told Hameed already though"

"So I'll finally travel to Malibu, I can't believe this,thanks so much for including Malibu" she said while giving me a deep hug. Whenever we embraced,it felt like an eclipse, how the sun locks up with the moon to create a vintage shed upon the world, turning everyone into an amazed audience.

During our pre-wedding photoshoot,the camera man asked who was luckier to have who and we both screamed "I". Love for us was natural and mutual.

I am sure the beach sands of Malibu,the evergreen vegetations of Bali and the almighty sahara of Morocco are awaiting for the arrival of the Faruks.

Author's note:
Faruk finally settles! This chapter is plastered and painted in love. Pictures of their honeymoon will be uploaded subsequently💃. Synergy by Bvlvmi is yet to be recorded. Please don't forget to vote🙏 Love y'all🌸