Chapter 8

Hey guys! I know I must be the last person anyone would like to hear from. With the kind of schedules I had,there was almost no way to update my book. But the good thing is I'm back.. and back for good. Hope y'all have forgiven me?
•••
ZAHRA'S P.O.V
Today is Monday,Hameed would like us to meet. But my timetable's clustered. I received a call from him earlier. I told him I wasn't at school. He may be so stubborn. If I tell him I'll be busy he'll still come. He doesn't mind attending the classes because of me. It's Just 20 minutes before we start our group presentation. I wasn't part of the ones presenting. But one of our group member took ill,we need a back up ASAP. I volunteered. So I met Idris,our group leader at the front of the theatre to put me through. I only needed to talk on "how to improve diplomatic relations between nations". My phone's ringing again? And it's Hameed? I thought I told him I wasn't at school. I answered and told him I wasn't at school. Kai! Hameed can be so impatient wallahi. In no time,I was ready for the stage. "Zahra,zaki iya (you can do it)" I smiled as I walked up stage.

"Good morning everyone" I started
"I am Zahra! I am the first presenter for group A, and my topic is...err.." I could feel some tension around my head. OMG! What was Hameed doing in my class? Who told him I was here?

"I'm sorry sir,let me start over" I pleaded. Dr.John nodded.

"My topic is how to improve diplomatic relations between nations,it is an indisputable fact that nations need each other,in good times, but most importantly,in bad times. The role Nigeria has played in stabilizing Sierra Leone,Liberia and others while in tough times is an exemplary reason of why diplomatic relations is essential..."

"....May I conclude by saying relations built on TRUST, FAIRNESS and EQUITY is the way forward in improving diplomatic relations between nations,Thank you"

There was a round of applause. I felt special.
All other groups presented. Dr.John was done with his recordings. My group Scored 8/10. All other groups got 6/10.
"Girl you were on fire,it was like you were addressing UN or something like that,bravo!" Idris said, the happiness all over his face couldn't go unnoticed. That was his favourite course,he couldn't settle for anything less than distinction.

Walking towards Hameed,I could sense something was wrong. He looked bossy. I mean,he has never looked as serious as this. "Did you just finish lecturing about TRUST? Allahu Akbar (Allah is great)" Hameed busted out in anger

"I don't understand what you're talking about"

"How would you? Answer me! How would you? You didn't tell me you have turned the theatre into your new home"

"Oh! So is that why you're shouting?"

"Don't i have the right to?"

"You do,Mr.Hameed, but not here, and not now"

Everyone around could see that something was wrong,Idris decided to interfere.

"Zahra! Is everything okay?" Idris asked

"Idris Ka barmu kawai (leave us alone)"

"Ok,Hameed. I am sorry for lying to you,I have a very busy schedule today, that's why,kayi hakuri"

"I won't... you didn't have my time, but you had time for others, right?"

"And what do you mean Hameed?"

"Who was the guy that just left?"

"Idris? He's just a coursemate! My group leader,haba Hameed"

"Don't haba me, thanks for what you did"

Hameed left. Everything seemed so awkward. Why would Hameed do this to me in the theatre? Would he really do that to someone he loves? I really doubt. Maybe he's tired of the relationship. As soon as Hameed left,Idris came back.

"I hope all is well Zahra"

"All's not well Idris, the guy that just left is my Boyfriend,he thinks I'm cheating on him, with you"

"What? That's really bad. But that's inconsiderate of him gaskiya"

"I'm not telling you so you can insult him, remember,I said my boyfriend"

"So what Zahra? Someone that can't understand you? Someone that yells at you in...."

"Enough! Enough Idris. I'm done talking to you"

"Zahra am sorry,wait,Zahra!"

Why are all guys so dumb? Hameed is acting like a jerk. Now even smart Idris is acting like a mugu(fool). I'll have to teach Hameed a lesson. He has to pay for this.

Hey lovelies! Never jump into conclusion. Never interpret an image have shown. Hameed acted fast. He wasn't driven by his brain. He followed his mind,his heart. There are times to observe and there are times to act. He acted when he should only observe. And now Zahra feels he has to pay for what he's done to her? Who's actually at fault now? Drop your comments pls.