Chapter 5

Don't get confused, this picture is Khadija's.
Still on Faruk's P.O.V
"Hameed,i know you're upset with me but,let me explain.I didn't want to hurt her,you know how fragile she is,ka duba abun da ya faru  da ta ji (look at what happened after she heard of it),I would still tell her but.." Hameed cut in "I understand why you didn't tell her, but why didn't you tell me? Just forget, let's go to my house and see what's going on, the Doc said both you and Khadija can leave, tashi mu tafi (sit up,let's go). We went to Khadija's room,she looked broken, covered in sadness,I walked up to her and looked into her eyes, giving her an assuring look," keep your cool baby,everything's going to be fine ". " Faruk,tell me everything I heard was wrong,tell me I didn't hear them" she said,her eyes looking directly into mine. "Deeja! All you heard was wrong,it's you I love and will marry, your trust is important at this time"
"I trusted you,but now,it's becoming harder to do.." Before she could finish, I held her hand,I have never done that before, it felt warm,I tightened my grip on her hand and whispered into her ear,"Trust me,wallahi I haven't changed, I'm still your Faruk,I love you more than I love myself, remember our first date? Remember the ring we exchanged? Look at it,it's still on me and that same finger, Khadija, please understand". She looked a bit calm and somehow convinced. She nodded, I felt better, because something I couldn't imaging was life without my Khadija. I held her hand to Hameed's car,where he has been waiting for us,immediately he showed me where she was laying, he gave us some space, how cute! He's not that brother that felt like strangling the neck of his sisters boyfriend.
Khadija's P.O.V
I was lying on my bed when Ya Hameed and Faruk walked in. Ya Hameed left us alone. Faruk came close and held my hand,he has never done that to me,and no one has apart from my siblings,it felt so different, I could feel butterflies moving up and down my tummy. But I had to forget how it felt and concentrate on the situation at hand. He tried so hard to convince me trust him which led me to been convinced. I looked at his hand and saw that same ring I gave him,it gave me a little hope, that I could still trust him. I finally nodded at his request to trust him once more. He held my hands to the car where Ya Hameed has been waiting for us and opened the back seat door for me, "you can lie down if you feel like" Faruk said in his sweet voice before closing the door.
In a few minutes time, we were home,the house was quiet,very unusual, do we have visitors? I could see a familiar Range Rover, who could that be? We all enterfeofle, parlour, I saw Mama and Baba sitting on the 3 seaters and another couple, around Mama and Baba's age on the 2 seaters leather sit. "Yauwa,sun ma iso(ehen!,they have arrived)" Mama said. I greeted all of them and sat on the carpet, Ya Hameed and Faruk did the same. "Uhm,without the waste of time, let's make things clear to everyone now" Baba said, and then continued "Khadija, these are Faruk's parents, I called them over after hearing of the incident in the hospital, and after a lot of deliberations, Alhamdulillah we came into a conclusion.." This time I think I've stopped breathing for some moments, "We are getting you two married, but you'll have to continue your studies here in Nigeria, which means you're not going back to Sudan,and the wedding has to take place in 2 months do that you can resume school on time,what do you have to say?"
I was so excited that I didn't know what to say,I kept smiling and and looking down to avoid eye contact with anyone, I finally gathered myself and murmured softly "Allah ya kaimu (looking forward)".Baba shook hands with Faruk's Dad and I quickly sneaked out of the parlour.
Hello my feofle,how are u doing? I hope everyone is doing great. I hope you enjoyed this chap! I dedicate this chap to all my followers and supporters,you guys are my strength. A big shout out to Lord_Najjj Bilqeesuadamu bysolar211 nafisatuu AFRICANBITCH purplefreck1504 You guys are the best.