Chapter 15

Still on Hameed's P.O.V
I think whatever it is,it can wait,this is a once in a blue moon opportunity for both of us.

"Attention gentlemen, my name's Michael Oz,I'm the director of Pixar int'l recruitment agency for west Africa and with me here is Chidinma Uzor,she occupies the office of the chairman for Pixar Nigeria,she is part of the team that's currently collaborating with Disney for the animation of the blockbuster movie Fast and furious 9, and we both are members of the recruitment team for today,once you hear your application number,you walk in to the office I'm going in,is that clear? Any questions can be entertained if available"

No one said anything, so he continued

"I'll take the silence as no questions, I wish you all Good luck"

"Thank you Sir" we echoed

"0035"

The moment is here,it's my number. I quickly stood  and answered my call.

I went in to the office,it was a big one, I could see a team of focused people all looking at me. Then there's this executive seat at the center,one can turn it around to have a 360 view of the room.

"Good day everyone" I greeted

"Good day Mr.Abdulhameed?" One of them said looking at a paper in his hand?

"Yes Sir,that's my name"

"OK,make yourself comfortable on this chair" he said pointing to the executive seat.

I went towards the seat,all nervous,my heart beating twice faster I guess.

Once I was sat,Mrs.Chidinma came and collected my curriculum vitae(CV).

"How did you know of this opportunity?" a young Hausa man asked, his accent was noticeable

"I read it on the official website of Pixar, it has always been my habit to check the site once in a while cos I've always admired how the company had maintained it's standard over so many years" I replied

"Who else knows you're here at the moment?" Another man asked

"My whole family is aware,parents and siblings to be precised" I replied

"Have you considered ever living abroad?" The same man added

"Not until I started wanting to work with Pixar"

Then a Macbook was brought to me,and I was asked to identify which software type a certain app contained and how it could be replicated or debugged if the need arises. The knowledge was still fresh on my mind,I just told them everything I knew.

"OK,Mr.Abdulhameed! We're done over here, we'll get back to you as soon as possible"

Once I was at the reception, I called Zahrah,the phone rang a million times but wasn't answered. I drove home and went straight to the dining to have my breakfast. It was there Asma'u came and greeted me,
"Ina kwana yaya,mama said I should tell you she's at Zahrah's home,she lost her Dad"

I froze up! Omg! What am I going to tell Zahrah? She needed me and I wasn't there... I feel so ashamed of myself right now. I quickly abandoned the food and drove to Zahrah's home where I saw a lot of cars parked at the entrance. I hurriedly parked behind an Ambulance and walked in... I went straight to the sitting room but it was full of women.. Majority of the men were outside. People were crying and so occupied nobody noticed when I headed for the stairs. There was Zahrah,along with two of her friends. She was still wearing the same pyjamas when we had a call earlier.

"Salamu alaikum" I saluted

"Wa'alaykum salam,ka dan tsaya" a friend said

After some seconds she said "zaka iya shigowa"

This time,Zahrah was wearing a Hijab I guess was given to her by her friend who said I should hold on a bit.

We greeted with the friends and I started

"Zahrah,I'm so sorry for your loss,I know this is a difficult time and you're still in full of shock,but crying won't help matters,let's pray for him,this is what he needs from us"

"You're late" was all she muttered

Regardless, I still lifted my hands in prayer and prayed for the deceased and for the family to be able to bear the great loss. Her father was a kind and wealthy man who helped people a lot. He will surely be missed!

With that, I left her with her friends,it wasn't a good time to talk about anything with her.

I tried to locate mama and she said I should bring her some clothes from home as she'll be sleeping over.

While driving back home,Faruk called to tell me he's at my house. All through the ride home I was thinking about Zahrah,I knew how much she loved her father,she was his favorite, not because she was the best  in school but because she was his mother's namesake. The voice of Zahrah kept ringing in my head "you're late...you're late" I hope she didn't mean that, I hope she said that in distress of her father's demise. If she meant it,I'd be so done. And I don't know whether to regret the Pixar interview. Would I have answered her call? But this Pixar stuff isn't about me alone. It's also about her,about us. Zahrah grew up in a wealthy family, in as much as I can't give her all she wants,I must atleast give her all she needs and more. She once told me,"Hameed! I don't want your money,what I want  is your presence,and your love ". She made me realize women like that still existed! I can't lose her,I am not ready for that!

Author's note: A quick update you've got here! Are things about to take a turn? Will he lose her? Did she mean what she said? The truth is even I don't have the answers to this questions. Let's find out in the next update! Don't forget to vote and share with your friends! #StayHomeSaveLives