Chapter 24

Say something I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you
      A great big world-Say something
---------------------------------------------------------
Author's note:
You guys may be wondering what a heartbreak song is doing up here.. It's not a mistake. Hearts are going to break soon. It may be yours... mine...or both... Scary huh?

Hameed's P.O.V

Work has been tiring today. But our system launch went well. Its 2:00pm and all I honestly want to do is rest my head on my pillow and get some rest.

*My phone vibrates*

It's call from Khadijah

Khadijah:Hello! Ya Hameed

Me:Yes,how're you doing?

Khadijah: I'm good. I didn't get Zeenat's picture but I've sent you her contact. I've talked to her,she'll be expecting your call.

Me:Uhm...okay..thanks.. What did you tell her though?

Khadijah:I only said you asked of her yesterday.

Me: oh OK! Thanks.. Bye

I headed towards my car with absolutely no idea what to do next.

After contemplating for some time I decided to pay Haneefah a surprise visit at her place of work.

I branched at a shop by the the roadside and got a her a bouquet of flowers. A cold stone ice cream won't do no harm too I thought. Only that I couldn't ask for her favorite flavour or I'll ruin the surprise. Ladies love surprises by the way and first impressions matter. I mean,this is the first time I'll be checking her out at her workplace.

I hit the road and couple of minutes later,the Central Bank of Nigeria stood tall like the popular Everest in my eyes. Yes,that was where she worked. She's a lucky girl. She told me she is a worker in the Deputy Governor's office, Dr.Olatunji Akinwunmi. So I headed right to the Deputy Governor's section using the lift. It was at the 11th floor. I was stopped there by the security for a search after which I was interrogated.

"I want to see Ms.Haneefah,she's new in this section. I have a package for her" u told the giant security guard.

"OK Sir,wait here as we give her a call to confirm your claim" he replied, pointing at a seat.

I sat calm and a few minutes later,the security guard turned to me,
"She's asking for your name Sir"

"Abdulhameed" I told him.

He muffled some stuffs through the telephone and dropped it down. He then handed me over a tag to wear round my neck. As I proceeded towards her section, an automated door slid open and I entered. There were hundreds of people all dressed coperately with red jackets on. Finding her was like searching for a diamond among many other stones. But a Diamond will always be a diamond. A careful scan through the hall and I could spot her beautiful face concentrating on a computer.

I walked towards her as she stood up and walked towards me. We met half away.

"Hi,this is for you" I told her as I handed her over the bouquet.

"Thank you so much" she replied, opening her arms for me to embrace. I gave her a light hug.

"Let's go to the visitors' section" she said as she held my hand and led me to a 'cafeteria like' hall. There,we took our cold stone and chatted for a while before i took my leave.

"Thank you Handsome" she whispered in my ear before I left.

I have never received such a special treatment,but I could tell how special it felt like for Haneefah. It's something of pride to say your lover unexpectedly shows up at your workplace with a bouquet of flowers and ice cream. This is something I'll learn to do often even after marriage. If I love a lady,the world has to know, it's not showing off,it's just my way of letting her know that I feel secure with the world knowing we are together. And anyone not happy with that,should go hug a transformer.

I drove to meet Faruk as they would be departing tomorrow. I have to also check on my lovely sister. I love her so dearly. I have to see them off to the airport tomorrow morning. But I have to meet up with Faruk to make emphasis on the sony camera I wanted him to get me. My passion for photography still comes back sometimes, just like an old love. And I guess I need to feed myself with what it wants.

"Salamu alaikum" I greeted and waited outside for permission to be granted.

"Wa'alaykum salam,you come in" Faruk said while he opened the door for me go in.

Their few luggage were already in the parlour. Khadijah and two other girls were busy in the kitchen.

"You people no sabi greet person abi?" I teased from the parlour

"Ayya ya Hameed! We were already on our way to come and greet you faa" Khadijah responded. She knew I wasn't serious about it. I'm never bothered on such things.

"So you guys got house helps or what?" I turned to Faruk

"No,those two are your relatives,the other one is the Zeenat ne ko zeenah I suppose" he replied

"Oh,I can't see clearly, the curtain is doing it's job well,haha" I laughed

"Yes,about the camera,you said you wanted black or what? I couldn't hear you well" Faruk said

"Ehen! That is why I'm here. I said it can be any colour but not black or white. I just want something flashy,ka gane ai (hope you get?)" I replied

"Oh..great...noted" Faruk said

"So the last time I checked it was 700K,so I'll be transferring that to you right away" I said as I removed my phone to attempt a transfer to Faruk's account.

I went to get my token from the car. Upon returning I saw two ladies sitting on the carpet and enjoying slices of watermelon.

"Ina wuni? (Good evening)" they both greeted in unison.

"Hi,ladies! Na gaishe Ku (I greet y'all)" I replied

"It seems you don't recognize me" the other girl said

"Err..I think so" I replied

"It's Zeenah" her sparkling white teeth caught my attention.

Author's note: That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed it. Happy iftaar y'all. Read and share with friends. See y'all tomorrow.