5- Kings Cross

The last few days before the 2nd of September dragged on and on, so much so that it almost felt as though a year had passed before the family all piled into the Ford Anglea to head to Kings Cross Station.

Much like the trip to Diagon Alley Venus had been to Kings Cross before, but this time was so much more exciting for her.

She, Ginny and Molly were the first to go through the barrier. The lent casually against it, pulling their trolleys through with them.

"You two go and put your stuff on the train and come straight back out," Molly told her children. The two girls hurried to drag their things onto the train and they quickly found and empty compartment.

They hurried back off of the train and found their parents.

"I'm sure they just got straight on the train," Arthur told Molly as the girls neared them.

"Yes, well I wish they'd come and let us know!" Molly fretted, and then she spotted her daughters. "Oh come here girls!" she pulled them into a bone crushing hug, "you girls behave, and Venus, try to stay out of trouble."

"Why just me?" Venus protested.

"You're just like your brothers!" Molly laughed, "Now you two have a brilliant year and take care of yourselves."

They hugged their father and hurried towards the train.

They sat back down in their compartment, "This is going to be a good year." Venus waved at her parents as the train began to move away from the platform.

The door to their compartment slid open.

"You haven't seen Harry and Ron have you?" Hermione Granger asked them, "Only I've searched the entire train and I can't find them anywhere."

Ginny shrugged, "Last time we saw them was before we went through the barrier at Kings Cross."

Hermione frowned and sat down in one of the empty seats, "I hope they haven't done anything stupid."

"Ron's got a thick skull," Venus told her, "They'll be around here somewhere, they're probably looking for you."

"You're right," Hermione sighed, "I'll just stay here for a bit then."

Venus began taking things out of her trunk and examining them, whilst Ginny waved her wand around randomly, laughing as sparks appeared.

"Hello," The door slid open again, showing a girl that Venus didn't know, "Do you guys mind if I sit with you?" The girl had brown frizzy hair and dark skin.

"Not at all," Ginny laughed, "If you can get around all of Venus's things."

The girl made a running jump and sat in the seat by the window.

"Are you first years too?" She asked.

"They are," Hermione replied, "But I'm in Second year."

The girl nodded with a grin, "I'm Mali Young, what's your name?"

"I'm Venus, Venus Weasley, this is my younger sister Ginny." Venus answered.

"You're sisters?" Mali asked, "are you twins?"

"No, just born in the same school year." Ginny shrugged, and then went back to waving her wand.

"What's it like at Hogwarts?" Mali asked Hermione.

"Oh it's great," Hermione grinned, "You're going to love it, what house do you want to be in? I'm a Gryffindor."

"Oh I don't know," Mali asked, "My parents are muggles, so I hardly know anything."

"We'll I want to be in Gryffindor," Venus said, "Our whole family is in Gryffindor, we might get disowned if we're not."

"Your parents would never do that," Hermione laughed.

"I dunno," Ginny added, "You haven't met our great Aunt Muriel."

"She cut Fred and George out of her will for pranking her," Venus added, "We haven't been invited back to her house yet, and that was like five years ago."

"But she loves Bill," Ginny continued, "She would do anything for her favourite relative."

"How many brothers do you have?" Mali asked, sounding slightly impressed.

"Well there's Bill and Charlie, who have both left Hogwarts already, Percy who's a prefect and a bit of a prat, he's in sixth year," Venus listed, "Then Fred and George who are Fourth years, Ron who's in Second year and then me and Ginny."

"Wow," Mali raised her eyebrow, "It's always just been me and my parents."

Everyone meet Mali, Mali meet everyone.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx