115- Halley Breaks Neville

"Gin!" Venus grinned and embraced her sister when the Potters emerged onto Platform nine and three quaters.

"I won't be in Slytherin!" Albus was insiting.

"James, give it a rest," said Ginny.

"I only said he might be," James was grinning widely at Albus, "there's nothing wrong with that. He might be in Slytherin-"

"There's nothing wrong with Slytherin." Hope had overheard James and strode over to the group, "why do you think there's something wrong with Slytherin Potter?"

"Shut up Lupin," James shot back.

"Now, now," said Neville, looking between the two, "don't make us take points away from you before the school year has even-ow!" Neville had been bowled over by Nysa and Nova as they charged around.

"Guys, let's stop the running," Venus caught the twins, holding them each by one arm.

Ron and Hermione had emerged through the crowd with their two children in tow and we're now immersed in a conversation with Harry and Ginny.

Halley and James (who had sprinted off, chased by Hope, who looked like she wanted to kill James), now charged back to the crowd.

"Teddy is over there," said Halley, sounding out of breath.

"We just saw him, and guess what he's doing, snogging Victorie." James continued.

They looked up at the adults, looking very disappointed in their total lack of interest in the subject.

"Our Teddy! Teddy Lupin! Snogging our Victorie! Our cousin! Right in public!" James emphasised each name as he spoke.

"And when we asked him what he was doing he told us he'd come to see Vic and Hope off! Then he told us to go away!" Halley gazed up at her mother.

"He was snogging her!" James added, as though he was worried they had not been clear enough.

"Jamsie, they've been dating for years," Ron laughed.

"You have no idea how many times I've caught them skipping lessons," Neville shook his head and the whole group laughed.

"Oh, wouldn't it be lovely if they got married!" Squealed Lily, "Teddy would really be part of the family then!"

"He already comes around for dinner about four times a week!" Laughed Harry, "why don't we just invite him to live with us and be done with it!"

"Where'd Halley go?" Neville murmured to Venus, who was still holding onto the twins tightly.

"You two, stay here," Venus told the twins and passed them off to Ginny. "Halley might've just gone and got on the train."

"Not without James," Neville gestured to where James was arguing with Albus.

"Guess what I just saw!" Alfie bounced up to Venus and Neville with a large grin on his face.

"I hate these games," Venus crossed her arms and looked at her brother.

"Well, I'm not going to just tell you," Alfie smirked, the boy loved knowing things that other people didn't. "You have to guess."

"Alf, just tell us, or I'll put you in detention," Venus told him.

"Fine. I just saw my niece snogging Adam Wood!" Alfie said triumphantly.

"You saw Halley doing what?" James had overheard their conversation.

"You heard me, I saw her snogging Wood," Alfie laughed.

"Nev." Venus prodded Neville's arm. Neville had frozen the moment that Alfie told them his news, his face was one of shock and his was staring wide eyed at Alfie. "Neville, are you okay?"

"I think I broke him." Alfie laughed.

The train hooted and released some steam.

"You lot had better get going," Venus told Alfie and James. Together, with Albus and Rose close behind them, the children clambered onto the train.

"What's up with Neville?" Ginny asked, poking his arm.

"Alfie just said he saw Halley kissing a boy," said Venus, "the news fried Neville's circuits, I'll have to reboot him before the feast tonight."

"Who was Halley kissing?" Ginny asked.

"Alfie said that she was kissing Adam Wood, but you know how Alfie is. He likes to make things up." Venus laughed. Ginny let go of Nova and Nysa, who she was still holding onto tightly, to wave the train off as it pulled away from the station.

"Can you guys look out for Al this year?" Ginny asked, "he's so nervous."

"Of course we'll look out for him." Venus smiled and waved at the retreating train.

Remember to vote, comment, and be amazing!
~Em xx