77- Taboo

All too soon they were returning to school.

It was strange going to the train station without Harry, Ron and Hermione. Arthur had to work so that left just Molly and Sirius to take the two girls to the train.

"You two be careful this year." Molly shot an anxious look around the station.

It had been announced just a few days before that Snape would be taking up the position of Headmaster, much to everyone's horror.

"Venus." Sirius pulled his daughter aside. "I know that you'll want to fight against the way things are going to be at Hogwarts this year, and I am not stopping you- I say go for it- but please promise me you'll be careful, especially on the full moons."

"I promise." Venus hugged her father as the train let out a whistle.

"You should get going." Sirius said.

Venus and Ginny darted onto the train as it began to move and waved at Molly and Sirius until they were out of sight.

"Let's go find the others." Venus suggested.

They made their way down the train. The ashen and fearful looks were on everyone's faces, the feeling of fear was unmissable.

Eventually the two girls found the compartment that Neville and Luna occupied.

"Are Harry, Ron and-" Neville asked immediately.

"They're not coming." Ginny shook her head. "We've not seen them since the wedding."

"What?" Neville frowned, "where are they?"

Ginny glanced at Venus, "well we don't really know, you see they wouldn't tell us, but I'd say it's safe to think that they've gone after You-Know-Who."

"Or they might've been taken hostage by the Crumple Horned Snorkaks," Luna suggested helpfully, "the Snorkaks are quite mischievous."

"But everyone did get out of the wedding okay?" Neville asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't write after it happened," apologized Venus, "only there were Death Eaters everywhere and they wouldn't leave us alone long enough to do anything."

They fell into silence.

"Did you see the book list?" Luna asked eventually.

"Muggle studies is compulsory." Neville nodded.

"They'll be no Muggleborns at school this year." Venus sighed, "Mali's gone off with her dad, I'll bet money that the rest will have done the same."

"No one wants to be around, especially with the ministry in Voldemort's pocket." Ginny said bitterly.

It happened almost immediately. The brakes on the train squeaked and screeched as the train lunged forwards, Ginny and Luna fell off their seats onto the floor and Neville and Venus were flung back against the wall of the compartment.

"What's going on?" Neville rubbed the back of his head and sat up.

Venus looked out of the window.

"Death Eaters." She said. Outside the window Venus could see death eaters in their black robes and masks climbing onto the train. "They're looking for Harry, they can't really think he's here can they?"

But the Death Eaters were storming down the train. Screams could be heard from all around and Venus's wand had grown very hot in her hand.

The four of them scrambled into the hallway to confront the death eaters.

"He's not here!" Neville said confidently as the death eaters neared them. Venus could hear the slight tremble in his voice.

The Death Eaters said nothing, but pushed past them and continued to search the train.

"They must've done something to You-Know-Who's name." Venus murmured to her friends as the Death Eaters began to leave, seeming satisfied that Harry wasn't there, "I heard mum talking to Lupin about how Order members are being tracked down, I bet you they've done something."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx