10- Venus Finds Out

Mr Weasley won a large sum of money in the daily prophet draw that summer, which meant that the entire Weasley family could take a trip to Egypt to visit Bill.

It was amazing seeing all of the tombs, and it made them all laugh to see Fred and George trying to stick Percy in a Egyptian coffin and leave him there, until Mrs Weasley stopped them.

But all too soon it was time for the family to head home and prepare themselves for school.

The news broke that Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban almost as soon as they returned to England, which left the whole wizarding community slightly on edge.

"Molly I believe that in light of recent events it is the best thing for her if you tell her," Professor Dumbledore stood in the Weasley's kitchen at the end of August.

Venus and Ginny were perched atop of the stairs listening to their parents speak to their headmaster.

"I just don't think that it will benefit her in any way to know!" Molly replied, "we're her parents and we always will be."

"Yes, but he is her blood," Dumbledore told her.

"Who are they talking about?" Ginny asked in a hushed voice.

"It's either me or you because they keep saying 'her', I think that the real question is what are they talking about." Venus didn't take her eyes off of her parents.

"Molly dear, I think it's only right for her to know," Arthur piped up, "she's going to find out one way or another, she's not stupid."

"Venus is only a child!" Molly continued to protest, "she doesn't need that overhanging her."

"Molly he is her father," Dumbledore eyed her with his piercing blue eyes, "Venus needs to know."

"What?" Venus had climbed to the bottom of the stairs and stood looking at her parents, "what do I need to know? What's all this about my father? What are you all talking about?"

Molly sighed sadly, "sit down love. There's something we need to tell you."

Venus did as her mother asked, she pulled up a chair and sat down at the wooden dining table.

Molly, Arthur and Dumbledore all took seats around the table as well. Dumbledore looked quite at peace, where as the Weasleys had strained expressions on their faces.

When no one spoke for a moment Venus took it upon herself to break the tension, "what do you need to tell me?"

Molly and Arthur exchanged a look, "almost twelve years ago," Arthur began, "Dumbledore arrived here with you in his arms, he asked us to take care of you and treat you as our own."

"So you're not my parents?" Venus looked between them.

"Nosence," Molly said quickly, "you are our daughter and you always will be."

"But who are my biological parents then?" Venus pressed. "Are they dead?"

"Unfortunately your mother died shortly after you were born," Dumbledore said with a sombre expression, "she was a great witch and a wonderful woman. Her name was Marlene McKinnon."

"And my father?"

"He is quite alive," Dumbledore assured her, "however he is not what I would call entirely sane."

"Who is he?" Venus was getting close to hitting the headmaster.

"You may have heard of him, his name is Sirius Black." Said Dumbledore.

There was the sound of wood on tiles as Venus pushed her chair back and jumped up.

"The Sirius Black? The mass murderer?" She asked, almost shouting.

Dumbledore nodded, "yes."

"So you're only telling me this because he escaped from prison?" Venus glared at her parents, "how long would you have kept this from me? Months? Years even?"

"Venus we were going to tell you." Molly took her daughter's arm, "but this doesn't change anything, you are and always will be a Weasley at heart."

"Yeah," Venus turned on her heel and stormed up the stairs.

"I think that went quite well," Dumbledore unwrapped a rhubarb en custard as he spoke.

Arthur snorted, "Professor I do believe that your definition of 'well' needs improving."

Venus stormed into her bedroom and slammed the door.

"Ve are you okay?" Ginny hurried over to her.

"Didn't you hear?" Venus frowned.

Ginny shook her head, "I left. I figured you might want some privacy."

Venus sat down on her bed and wrested her head in her hands.

"Sirius Black is my father." Venus mumbled.

Ginny's eyes widened and she sat down on the bed next to her sister.

"What?"

"I'm adopted, my biological parents are Sirius Black and Marlene McKinnon." Said Venus.

"Merlin." Ginny put her arm around Venus, "I don't know exactly what to say to that."

"Me either."

Hence Prisoner of Azkaban begins!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx