118- 20 Years

"It is for both good and bad reasons that we gather here," said McGonagall, "we are here to honour the ones who fell in the defence of our freedom, and here to celebrate the end of Lord Voldemort and his regime. Twenty years ago today, fifty people died in the Battle of Hogwarts, let us have a moment of silence for those who died for us."

The Great Hall fell completely silent. Every person in the hall bowed their heads slightly. Venus thought about Marlene, the woman who should have raised her, if not for the Death Eaters. She thought of Dumbledore, who had protected her secret from the ministry for so long. She thought about Colin Creevy, who she had known since their first year and who had always been so kind to her.

After a few minuets McGonagall spoke again, "Today is about remembering them. And living with their memory, celebrating their lives."

********

The ball was much like the Yule Ball had been. The hall had been decked out beautifully.

Venus, Neville, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Luna and Rolf had been placed in pride of place at the head table. McGonagall's reasoning behind this was that they were the leaders of the DA and had all played a major role in Voldemort's defeat.

Mali was sat on the next table. Sandwiched between the twins, in a conversation with Angelina. Over at the children's table Nysa was flicking pieces of carrot at Selene, Nova was reading a book under the table, trying not to be spotted by anyone.

Most of the Hogwarts students were also in attendance. Halley sat beside her boyfriend Adam, who was laughing at something she had said. James sat across the table talking to Hope and Alfie. At another table, Teddy had managed to get a seat next to Victoire and they were talking.

Sirius, Ophelia, Remus and Tonks were sat with most of the other Hogwarts teacher, whom Tonks was entertaining by morphing her features into those of different animals.

********

Later that night, Venus and Neville went for a walk in the grounds. Venus had been overheating, and the night air cooled her skin down. She looked up at the almost full moon as she and Neville walked hand in hand through the grounds, which (like during the Yule Ball) had been transformed into a beautiful garden, with statues and benches.

"Twenty years," said Venus as they settled down on a bench. "That means we've been together-"

"For over twenty two years." Neville finished.

"Wow." She rested her head on Neville's shoulder and looked out across the lake. "I love you Neville."

"I love you too Venus."

They sat in silence, listening to the distant music that was coming from the Great Hall.

"Can you hear something?" Frowned Venus, she could hear a rustling noise from the bush behind them.

"The music?" frowned Neville, "you talking?"

"No, that rustling," Venus stood up and looked at the bush. She walked closer and pulled the leaves apart, with revealed Hope and Alfie, locked in a passionate kiss. "Woa!" Venus covered her eyes, "big sister alert, keep the public displays of affection to a minimum."

Neville peered over Venus's shoulder, with a wide grin on his face, "Sirius and Lupin owe me twenty galleons each. And you told me I'm not allowed to bet." He laughed.

"Can you guys not!" Hope clambered to her feet and pulled Alfie up. The two fought their way out of the bush.

"What are you doing in a bush?" Venus asked.

"Well we didn't want to be interrupted," grumbled Alfie, glaring at his sister.

"How long has this been going on?" asked Neville.

"What's with the Spanish Inquisition? Is nothing private in this school?" Hope demanded.

"Just answer the question, or I might feel inclined to wonder into the school and tell my dad and Remus that their children are snogging in a headge," Venus grinned.

"A while," grumbled Alfie. He grabbed Hope's hand, "we're going inside." He pulled her away.

"They are just the cutest," Venus said as she watched them go.

"So, are we not going to tell Sirius and Remus then?" asked Neville, "you do realize Ophelia will kill us if we don't tell her."

"I think we should wait and see how long it takes them to find out," Venus was still grinning in the direction that Hope and Alfie had left in. "It could be fun watching my dad squirm."

"You're pure evil." Neville laughed and shook his head.

"And you love me for it."

"True," Neville pulled her into a long kiss, "I love you Miss Venus Black-Weasley, soon to Mrs Venus Longbottom."

"I like the sound of that," Venus nooded appreciatively. "But won't it be a bit confusing for the students having two Professor Longbottoms?"

"I don't think the students are going to be our biggest problem," shrugged Neville, "Ve, we've been trying to get married for ten years, but we've never found the time."

"Well, let's promise not to wait another ten years then," grinned Venus, she pecked him on the lips again, "by the time we stand here in ten years, at the thirtieth anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, we will be married." She offered Neville her pinky finger, "pinky swear."

"Pinky swear," there was no hint of a smile, or a joke on either of their faces. They were deadly serious.

A bit of Neville and Venus fluff for you all!
Remember to vite, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx