100- The Death Of The Dark Lord

Not long later, Ginny went outside to help bring the injured in. Neville ducked into the hall briefly, to make sure that all of his friends were okay. He was slightly surprised to see Venus in her wolf form, but petted her head (much to her dislike), and told her that he was going back outside to help.

Venus stayed inside with Mali. She rested her head on Mali's lap and let her friend absentmindedly stroke her head with her uninjured arm.

The minuets ticked by, drawing closer and closer to the hour deadline, when Voldemort would return.

"Where's Harry?" Mali asked no one in particular.

Neville walked quickly into the hall at that very moment, "I think Harry's gone to the Forest." He said quickly. "I just saw in him the grounds, he-"

In no time, Venus was on her feet. She darted out of the hall and through the grounds, towards the forest.

Dementors were swooping in and out of the trees and there was no way that Venus would make it through them, as she had no way of casting a Patronus. Dejectedly she hurried back to the castle and saw her friends and family waiting anxiously in the entrance hall.

"Is he there Ve?" Ginny demanded. She looked ready to run into the forest and drag Harry out herself. Venus didn't know quite how she could convey the fact that Harry wasn't there. She looked up towards the slowly lightening sky, and let out a howl. Once the noise died out, there was silence all throughout the castle.

"Harry Potter is dead." The high voice of Voldemort broke through the silence, like a knife, "he was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone.

"The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live, and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together." The voice once again continued to echo even after it was gone.

Without words, the crowd of survivors poured, once again, into the grounds and stood on the steps of the castle, watching the dark crowd, lead by Voldemort himself, approached the castle.

"No!" Professor McGonagall screeched. Venus looked for what she had seen. There, bound in chains, stood Hagrid, and in his arms was the body of Harry Potter. He looked tiny in comparison to Hagrid, who had red puffy eyes and tears streaming down his face.

"NO!"

"HARRY!"

"No!"

More cries came from the crowd. Venus couldn't stop a loud growl escaping her throat.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort yelled. He waved his wand, and with a bang and a flash of light, the silence was enforced upon them, "it is over! Set him down Hagrid, at my feet where he belongs."

The crowd watched in silence as Hagrid was forced to lay Harry on the grass.

"You see?" said Voldemort, "Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" yelled Ron, just like that the charm was broken, and the survivors were screaming and shouting again, until Voldemort waved his wand again and the were silenced.

Then from beside her, Neville lunged forwards and ran, full sprint at Voldemort. Venus made to go after him, but both Lupin and Sirius had grabbed her, preventing her from following him. With a bang, Voldemort had disarmed Neville, and he hit the floor.