108- Far Too Much Energy

"I can't believe that Teddy is starting Hogwarts," Venus shook her head as she watched the boy board the Hogwarts Express. "He's grown up too fast."

"Venus I remember when you were this big." Lupin held his hands about a shoulder width apart, "and now you have three children. You have grown up too fast."

"Fair enough." Venus grinned and waved at Teddy as the Hogwarts Express began to pull out of the station.

"I feel like we're going to have our work cut out for us," said Lupin, "keeping Teddy in line is a full time job."

"At least that lot," Venus gestured at Halley, Hope, James and Alfie, who were trying to trip up parents standing around saying goodbye to their children, "won't be joining for a few years. I'm not ready to deal with them in lessons."

********

To no one's surprise, Teddy was sorted into Hufflepuff, following in his mother's footsteps. As soon as he was sorted the boy's hair morphed into a bright shade of yellow. It was almost as if he had been waiting to find out what house he was in to change his hair (which, knowing Teddy, Venus assumed that he had been waiting for).

Teddy hurried off to the Hufflepuff table. The boy received a louder applause than most, but mainly that was because of Sirius and Remus, who were whopping incredibly loudly.

********

"Thanks for looking after them mum," Venus apperated to the Burrow to pick up her three children from her mother's care after a day of teaching.

"Not at all," Molly smiled, "they were good as gold."

"Somehow I struggle to believe that," said Venus as the now two year old twins Nova and Nysa ran past the room, shrieking loudly.

"Well Halley is no trouble," said Molly, "at least when James isn't around, those two egg each other on."

"She's good at decieving people into thinking that, but really, Halley is the perpetrator behind most of the trouble that they cause." Venus laughed, "we'd better get going."

Molly hugged her daughter, "I will see you next week," she said.

"Halley, Nova, Nysa, we're leaving c'mon!" Venus yelled after her children, who all rushed into the room. She gathered them up, bade her mother a final goodbye and apperated back home.

Since beginning to work at Hogwarts, Neville and Venus had managed to buy a house in Hogsmead, which meant they were able to go back and forth as much as they wanted and with much ease. And it also meant that their children were always close by.

It had been hard juggling their jobs with raising their family, but with both Neville and Venus working four day weeks, with different days off, it meant that they only had to have three days of childcare.

Halley, Nova and Nysa spent Tuesdays with their Grandma Molly and Grandpa Arthur, Wednesdays in the joke shop with Aunty Mali, Uncle George and Uncle Fred (Selene of course was also there), Thursdays they alternated between their Grandma Ophelia (Alfie too) and their Aunt Ginny (who worked from home some weeks, writing her articles for the Daily Prophet), those days spent with Ginny were particularly interesting, as James and Halley always caused as much trouble as they could, whilst Nova and Nysa wound up Lily, as she was unable to play all the games that they wanted to because she was almost a year younger than them and was still clumsy on her feet.

Venus and Neville tucked their children into bed, which took quite a long time considering the fact that all Halley ever wanted to do was stay awake.

"You know this is because of you," said Neville to Venus, once they finally got the girl to sleep.

"What do you mean it's because of me?" Venus demanded.

"You have far too much energy," Neville laughed.

Venus pouted, "You know what, I think it's the Werewolf genetics actually. Remus said that Teddy and Hope are always more restless around the full moon, and so are the twins, so I think it's the genetics."

"That still means that it's your fault," Neville laughed and pecked Venus on the lips as she grabbed her coat.

"I'll see you in the morning," Venus backed out of the door and closed it behind her. The sun was beginning to set, so Venus quickened her pace. She walked through the grounds of Hogwarts and through the passageway under the Whomping Willow. She emerged into the Shrieking Shack to see Sirius and Remus waiting for her.

"Cutting it a little close aren't you?" Sirius asked.

"Halley wouldn't go to sleep and the twins were being restless," said Venus, "I had to help get them to sleep. You know how much of a handful those three are."

"The girl is right." Lupin laughed, "I think Halley seems to have inherited far too many of her Grandfather's traits."

"Moony!" Sirius whacked Lupin's arm, "not nice."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx