89- Venus Pulls A Disappearing Act

Venus still hadn't reappeared by the end of the first week back. Neville and Ginny had been looking all over the castle for Venus ever since they had returned.mThey were anxious to find her and explain what had happened to Luna on the Hogwarts express (she had been dragged off by a bunch of Death Eaters), but also they wanted to ask her what exactly she had done to Alecto, because it was very clear to them that Venus had something to do with it.

"She's got to be somewhere." Neville insisted. He and Ginny were sat in front of the fire in the Gryffindor common room late one night, surrounded by a few other DA members. Parvati and Lavender were sat with them, as was Seamus Finnigan.

"Not if they've taken her to Azkaban," Lavender said, "I heard that's what they're doing with anyone who doesn't do what You-Know-Who wants."

"Sirius has been causing trouble," said Ginny. "They'll be using Ve as leverage over him, just like Luna."

They heard the portrait hole open and shut and looked up. There- looking tired and dirty- stood Venus. There was dried blood on one side of her face and she looked as if she had been sleeping rough, but there was also a massive grin plastered onto her face.

Before she knew it, Neville had lunged at her and pulled her into a kiss.

"We thought-" he stammered, "Ve we thought for sure that you were dead or something-"

"What happened?" Ginny demanded as she pulled her sister over to sit with the rest of them.

"Well." Venus began, "you lot all went home. So I spent the holidays dodging the Carrows. On the full moon I transformed- I had taken my potion- but Alecto kept coming at me, she wouldn't leave it- so I showed her that she shouldn't press a Werewolf's patience."

"You attacked her?" Parvati gasped.

"She had it coming." Neville said immediatly. He hadn't let go of Venus's hand yet, hanging on to her, as if he was scared that she'd vanish if he let go.

"So what happened then?" Ginny pressed. "You didn't bite her did you?"

"Of course I didn't bite her, just ripped her up a bit. But soon as I was human I realised that Amycus was going to be mad as hell about me almost killing his sister," Venus explained, "so I ran for it, didn't I, I went to the Forbidden Forest, I've been there ever since."

"You've been living in the forest?" Seamus gawped.

"It's not that bad." Venus shrugged, "the Centaurs could smell that I wasn't entirely human, so they didn't kill me, and I think the rest of the Creatures in there got the message to stay away pretty quickly."

"Wow."

"So anyway, what's been going on at home?" She turned to Ginny.

"The ghoul is still fooling the Death Eaters," said Ginny, "but Dad says it's only a matter of time before they work out that Ron is with Harry and they go for us instead."

"But everyone is okay?" Venus asked.

"Yes, well as okay as anyone can be- mostly everyone's just worried about you," Ginny continued, "you should have seen Sirius's face when I told him what's been happening. He looked ready to kill someone."

"What are you going to do now?" Neville asked, "you can't stay in the castle-if Amycus sees you- and you're not going to keep living in the forest."

"I was going to make a break for it." Venus grinned, "I'm seventeen, there's no trace to worry about."

"You'll never get out!" Lavender shook her head, "they've got every secret passage guarded by dementors."

"You're forgetting that I was raised with Fred and George," said Venus. "I'll work out a way."

Two chapters today, as May 2nd 2018 marks the 20 year anniversary of the Battle Of Hogwarts.
Let's remember everyone who died in the Battle, Remus, Tonks, Colin Creevy, Fred, and celebrate them!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx