32- Coffee

It turned out that there had been a dramatic twist last night which had led to there being four champions chosen instead of three. Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory had all been chosen along with Harry Potter.

Venus bumped into Harry and Hermione as they headed towards the lake.

"Where's Ron?" Venus asked.

"Probably somewhere moping." Harry said grumpily.

"What?" Venus frowned.

"What do you think?" Harry grumbled.

"I don't know, that's why I asked." Venus pointed out.

Hermione frowned, "Where you not there last night?"

"I was busy... uh, howling." Venus rubbed the back of her neck.

"Oh."

"Well Harry has been chosen as the fourth champion." Hermione said.

"I think you guys have a story to tell me." Venus mused.

She joined Hermione and Harry on their walk around the lake.

Harry ranted about Ron, and Hermione tried to make him see reason, but Harry wasn't having any of it.

"I think you should write to Sirius." Hermione said eventually, "tell him what's happened, he asked you to keep him posted at what's going on at Hogwarts... it's almost like he expected something like this to happen. I bought some parchment-"

"Come off it! He came back to the country because my scar hurt-"

"He's back at Hogwarts." Venus explained, "I saw him last night."

"Really how is he?" Harry perked up slightly.

"He's okay, but that's not the point." Venus said, "He'd want you to be the one to tell him. And if you don't, he'll find out anyway."

"How?"

"This isn't going to be kept quiet dumass." Venus rolled her eyes.

"Harry you're famous and the tournament is famous, I'll be surprised if it's not in the Daily Prophet." Hermione added.

"Okay I'll write to him." Harry relented.

Hermine passed him a piece of parchment and a quill. Harry began scrawling the letter and Venus bid them goodbye.

Venus found Ginny and Mali sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Ooo, coffee." Venus sat down between them, "Gimme, gimme!"

Ginny passed her a cup, "you have a strange obsession." Ginny commented.

"Well I didn't sleep, so I need fuel." Venus sipped her coffee.

"Did you hear about what happened?" Mali asked eagerly.

"Yeah, I saw Harry and Hermione on my way inside." Venus grabbed a piece of toast and began to butter it.

"So was your dad there?" Mali asked.

"M you're such a gossip," laughed Venus, "but yes he was."

"He has a death wish!" Ginny shook her head, "I know the dementors aren't here this year, but still, to come back here..."

"He's insane." Venus nodded, "But still, it was nice to have some company, and look!" she showed her friends her unwounded arms, "no injuries this time!"

"Yay!" Mali clapped.

"So what are we doing today?" Venus asked.

"How about we hang out in the common room?" Ginny suggested.

"But we always do that." Mali pointed out.

Ginny raised an eyebrow, "Any other ideas?"

"How about we all take a long nap." Venus suggested.

"You just drank an entire cup of coffee," Ginny rolled her eyes, "how can you possibly be tired right now?"

"I have immunity to coffee." Venus pointed out as she refilled her cup, "at least when I only drink one cup."

"You're strange." Ginny mused.

"Yeah... well... you... smell like flowers!" Venus retorted.

"That's just emphasising your weirdness." Mali added.

"You two are mean!" Venus complained, "I'm going to bed." She set off, but quickly returned to finish off her coffee.

Mali laughed, "I thought you said you were-" Ginny clamped a hand over Mali's mouth.

"Mali, just leave her be." Ginny said.

"Thankyou good sister!" Venus grinned, "now if you would be so kind as to pass me the coffee I would much appreciate it."

"You have a problem."

"So I've been told."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx