53- Almost Caught Out

"You two have got to be carful." Angelina told Harry and Venus. Umbridge had issued another educational decree banning all school clubs and groups forming without her permission.

This also streched to Quidditch teams.

"If you antagonise her she might not let us reform the team." Angelina told them.

"It's not my fault! She hates me!" Venus complained.

"Well, just don't give her anymore reason to not give us permission." Angelina said.

********

Venus spent that evening tutoring Neville. He was almost as bad at Transfiguration as Venus had been at Herbology.

"Thanks Venus." Neville packed his things up and headed to bed. Fred, George and Lee Jordan headed up after him, jangling a heavy box of Galleons as they closed the door behind them.

Once again Venus found herself alone in the common room with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Harry had found her that morning at told her that Sirius would be contacting them that night.

"Sirius!" Harry said eventually.

"Hi," said Sirius from the fire. Venus darted over to join the other three.

"Hi!" They chorused back.

"How are things?"

"Not that good." Answered Harry, "Umbridge forced another decree on us that means we can't have Quidditch teams-"

"Or secret Defence Against the Dark Arts clubs." Sirius smirked.

"How do you know about that?" Venus asked.

"Dung overheard you. He was under the veil." Sirius said.

"What was Mundungus doing there?" Frowned Harry.

"Keeping an eye on you." Sirius shook his head, "just as well too, if the first thing you do on your weekend off is form an illegal defence group." But Sirius's grin undermined everything that he was saying.

"Anyway, Ron, Venus. I swore to Molly that I'd pass on a message from her." Sirius changed the subject.

Venus groaned.

"She says on no account whatsoever are you to get involved in an I'll call Defence Against the Dark Arts group. She says you'll be expelled for sure. She says there's plenty of time to learn to defend yourselves later. She also advises you two," he looked to Harry and Hermione, "not to proceed with the group either. She would have written it all in an letter, but if it had been intercepted you'd have all been in real trouble and she can't say it for herself because she's on duty tonight."

"So what you want us to say is that we're not going to do it?" Venus asked.

"Me? No of course not." Sirius laughed, "I think it's an excellent idea."

"But last year all you did was tell me to take care and not take risks." Harry frowned.

"Last year there was someone inside the castle trying to kill you." Sirius said impatiently, "this year there's someone outside the castle who wants to kill us all. So I think it's an excellent idea." Sirius grinned up at all of them, "so, how are you organising the group? Where are you meeting?"

"That's the problem now," Hermione said, "we don't know where we'll be able to meet."

"How about the Shrieking Shack?" Sirius asked.

"No." Venus said flatly. "What if someone decided to go there on the full moon?"

"You're right." Sirius frowned.

"Plus I got a bit pissed off last time and ripped all of the furniture to shreds so it's a bit of a mess."

"Well, I'll have a think and get back to-" he broke off. His face was suddenly alarmed. He turned sideways, apparently looking into the solid brick wall of the fireplace.

"Dad?" Venus asked anxiously.

But he was gone. Hermione gave a horrified gasp and leapt up.

A hand had appeared amongst the flames, trying to catch hold of something. Umbridge's hand.

The three of them ran for it. Venus didn't stop until she was back in her dorm.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx