36- Venus Takes A Nap

The rest of the Christmas holidays were fun.

Venus transformed on the 27th and once again Sirius was there for her.

This time she had suffered no side effects, to her utter relief.

The Christmas holidays ended and those few students who had gone home for the holidays returned.

Mali told them all about the skiing trip she had been on with her parents, and Venus struggled to understand why muggles felt inclined to strap wood to their feet and slide down a mountain.

"Oh it's really fun!" Mali assured them. "But anyway, I need your help with the Transfiguration homework!"

Venus laughed, but helped her friend anyway. Mali had never been very good at Transfiguration, Venus however excelled at the subject.

Lessons began again the next day and Hogwarts life went on as usual. A few weeks into January there was another Hogsmead visit.

It was pretty cold so Ginny, Venus and Mali headed to the three broomsticks.

Ginny bought them butterbeers and they managed to find a table.

"I wonder what the second task is going to be." Mali asked.

"It could be anything." Venus shrugged, "it's not like the egg clue is exactly clear."

"Eeeeeeek!" Ginny did an impression of the egg.

********

"Ug." Venus woke up the morning of the second task.

"What?" Said Ginny, who was getting dressed.

"Gin can you do me a favor?" Venus moaned.

"Sure."

"Can you take a pillow and put it over my face and promise not to remove it until I stop struggling."

"Ve, I'm not killing you." Ginny laughed.

"Please kill me!" Venus moaned.

"I'm not killing you, the task is soon, we should head outside."

Venus responded by jumping to her feet and hurrying to a bathroom.

Ginny and Mali exchanged glances and then hurried after her.

"Venus are you okay?" Mali knocked on the door to the toilet stall.

"I'm good," Venus replied, there was the sound of her throwing up again.

"You're not good." Ginny replied.

Another girl in the bathroom was giving them a strange look.

"It's her time of the month." Mali snapped at the girl. She turned back to the door, "Ve, unlock the door."

"Yeah, yeah I'm doing it!" The lock slid open and they saw Venus sat next to the toilet.

"I think you should go see Madam Pomfry." Ginny sat down next to her.

"No, there's no point." Venus flushed the toilet and got to her feet. She went over to the sink and washed her mouth out with water.

"Venus you're ill." Mali and Ginny followed her.

"I'm not ill," she looked around the bathroom to make sure there was no one else there. "The full moon is tomorrow."

"And you're burning up!" Ginny put her hand to Venus's head.

"Get off!" Venus ducked away. "I just need some coffee I'll be fine."

She headed up towards the dormatries.

"Coffee isn't the solution to everything Ve." Ginny rolled her eyes.

Venus ignored them and got dressed quickly. She was still very hot, but she didn't want to miss out on watching the second task. The full moon was the next day, not that day. She would be fine.

"Wow it's hot out here." Venus fanned herself as they sat down in the stands.

"It's really pretty cold-"

"No one asked you Mali!" Venus snapped back. She rested her face on the metal support slats of the stands. "Oh that's nice."

"Venus just go to the hospital wing!" Ginny encouraged.

"You go to the hospital wing." Venus snapped back.

"You know at her time of the month she gives really bad insults." Mali mused.

"Shush," Ginny hissed, "she'll hear you!"

They looked over at Venus, who had fallen asleep with her face against the post.

"Should we just leave her?" Mali asked.

"I think that's safest." Ginny agreed.

********

"You guys are good friends." Venus mumbled as Mali and Ginny carried her back up to the castle after the task had taken place.

"She'd better be thankful for this when she feels better." Ginny complained.

"We could just throw her off the astronomy tower." Mali suggested.

"We're not killing her."

"I'm just saying, no one will know, we can say it's an accident."

"Mali, I told Venus I wouldn't kill her this morning and I'm not killing her now!"

The champions and their hostages had all been taken to the hospital wing so that Madam Pomfry could check them out, so the hospital wing was pretty full.

"Madam Pomfry!" Ginny yelled over the noise of the room when they entered.

The woman looked strained as she made her way towards them.

"Venus isn't well." Mali said.

"Yes, yes I see that." She brushed them off, "put her over there."

They placed Venus down on an empty bed.

"Can someone get me some coffee?" Venus mumbled.

"No." Mali and Ginny snapped back.

"Is she okay?" Ron had made his way over to them. He was wrapped in a towel, but he looked happy. Probably because Fleur had kissed him on the cheek.

"She'll be fine." Ginny was perched on the edge of Venus's bed. "It's you know what tomorrow."

"Oh." Ron nodded.

"You smell like dirty lake!" Venus told Ron.

"Thanks sis." Ron rolled his eyes and walked back towards Harry and Hermione.

Madam Pomfry came over with a green potion.

"Miss Black-Weasley you need to drink all of this." The nurse told Venus.

"Ek." Venus took the potion. "It smells worse than Wolfsbane."

"I thought you said nothing smells worse than that." Mali pointed out.

"No nothing tastes worse than that, this smells worse than it." Venus scrunched up her nose and drank the potion. "What's it supposed to-" Venus fell back on the bed fast asleep.

"Um, Madam Pomfry?" Ginny asked, "was it meant to do that?"

"Yes. I don't have time for her right now." The nurse replied. She hurried over to Fleur, complaining about dangerous tournaments.

"Sometimes that woman scares me." Mali observed.

"Tell me about it." Ginny agreed.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx