91- Three Weeks Of Forest

Venus lost track of time. She no longer had any concept of night and day, and couldn't be entirely sure how long she had been in the forest. The tree canopy was so thick that it didn't let any light through.

Once again most of the creatures that she had been warned lived in the forest, steered clear. Perhaps they could smell the fact that she was a Werewolf, or perhaps they didn't like wizards. Venus couldn't be sure.

She had never been so thankful to see daylight as when she emerged from the forest on the other side of a mountain range. Her throat was dry, as she hadn't had much to eat whilst in the forest, and her stomach rumbled.

"Accio Firebolt." Venus said in a husky voice, due to her not having spoken in days. Part of the plan was that Ginny and Neville were to retrieve Venus's broomstick and place it so that she would be able to summon it to her when she was out of the grounds.

A while later Venus spotted her broomstick zooming at top speed towards her. It came to a stop right beside her and she mounted it, kicking off and zooming into the sky.

It had never felt so good to be on a broomstick. The cool air whistled past her, blowing her hair out of her face. Having been hiding in the Forbidden forest, and then escaping through it she had hardly seen the light of day in weeks.

Venus decided that her best bet was to find the Hogwarts Express train line and follow it back to London, when she would find her father's flat-assuming he was still there- and stay with him for a while.

There were a lot of sections of her plan that could easily go wrong. Firstly she wasn't sure how long she had been on the forest, so didn't know exactly how long she had before the next full moon. If she didn't make it to Sirius's before that time, she would be forced to face her first full moon with no Wolfsbane, and under the risk of attacking anyone who came too close.

She picked up the train line and began to follow it, flying at top speed. But before long it began to grow dark, and Venus began to grow tired.

She spotted some lights off in the distance and flew towards the small village. She landed it what resembled a town square and headed off into a side street.

She wasn't entirely sure what she was going to do if someone answered, but she went up to one of the houses and rung the doorbell, waiting for some muggles to answer.

The door was opened cautiously, and a head peaked around it.

"Mali?" Venus demanded incredulously.

"Ve?" Mali flung the door the rest of the way open and launched herself at Venus. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Venus retorted as they broke apart and Mali ushered her inside, "you're supposed to be in France."

"We were," said Mali, shutting the door behind them, "but in the end dad wanted to come back, we've been moving around, living in rented accommodation."

"How- why didn't you tell us?" Venus propped her broomstick against the wall.

"Why don't we talk about this later." Mali suggested, "because, well, Ve you look like you just crawled through a sewer."

********

Once Venus was freshly showered and dressed in some of Mali's clothes she headed downstairs.

"Dad, you remember Venus."

Venus walked into the small kitchen where Mali and her father were sat.

"Yes I do," Mali's father grinned at her.

"Thanks for letting me stay here Mr Young." Venus took a seat beside Mali.

"Please, call me Mark." He smiled again. He looked a lot like Mali, with his dark skin and friendly face.

"Okay, well thank you anyway."

"So what's been happening?" Mali demanded, "I haven't heard anything."

"Now that is a long story." Venus launched into the explanation of everything that had happened since she had last seen Mali.

"So Hogwarts is in You-Know-Who's pocket." Mali summed up.

"Pretty much." Venus nodded. "And now I'm just as on the run as you are."

"I would think more," suggested Mark, "it sounds as thought you have made quite an impression on the Death Eaters."

"Literally. Those scars aren't going anywhere," said Mali, grinning widley.

"Do you guys have any idea when the next full moon is?" Venus asked, "I've completely lost track of time."

"I'm not sure." Mali got to her feet and made her way over to a large machine with a screen.

"What's that?" Venus asked as Mali began typing.

"It's a computer," said Mali, not taking her eyes off of the screen. "The full moon is in tomorrow," Mali said eventually.

"I was in the forest for three weeks?" Venus shook her head, "I thought it seemed like a long time."

"Do you girls want some food?" Asked Mark.

"Yes please Dad," Mali replied. Mark began rustling through cupboards to find some food.

"I've got to get home as soon as I can," said Venus, shaking her head, "I didn't realise how close the full moon was, you're in danger-"

"Ve, I've been with you this close to a full moon before, it's okay, you can't-"

"I don't have any Wolfsbane Mali," said Venus bluntly, "I could hurt you- I don't know what will happen..."

"Stay here tonight. It won't take you long to get home on your broom tomorrow." Mali suggested.

Yay! Mali is back! Who missed Mali? I missed writing Mali.
I love Mali.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx