Season Three: Currents

Scott and I walk into the hospital, take out in my hand. Mom looks towards us and I hold up the food. She sighs and walks over to us.

"I'm starving." She says.

She takes it from me and places it on the counter.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Thank you two for brining me dinner."

She pulls us into a hug.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asks.

"Except for all the accident victims on a ten car pile up being rerouted here from downtown and the ER attending isn't answering any of his pages. Ya, I'm okay."

"What does not answering his pages mean?" Scott asks.

"Nobody can find him so now we're waiting for the on call to get here."

"Miss." A women says. "Excuse me. Can I get something for the pain please?"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. I know. Actually, giving you something can complicate things."

Mom walks away form us and sits the women down.

"How much longer till doctor Hilliard?" Mom asks.

"Ten minutes." A lady on a phone asks.

"Mom, what can I do to help?" I ask.

"Just stay with me and I'll-"

"Someone! Someone help!"

I turn and see Ethan carrying Danny.

"Danny." I say than rush over to him with Scott.

My mom comes over and leads Danny to a chair. Mom checks him while Scott confronts Ethan.

"What did you do to hm?" Scott demands.

"Nothing!" Ethan defends. "He was having chest pain and trouble breathing. They just kept getting worse."

"This is not good." Mom says. "How much longer on doctor Hilliard?"

The women shrugs.

"His larence has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension memo theric-"

Danny than upchucks some unpretty things.

"Mistletoe." Ethan and I whisper.

_____________

We get Danny on a hospital bed and move into an emergency room.

"Can you three please go back into the waiting room." Momma asks.

"This is my Danny momma and my Danny needs me." I say.

"Where's the nurses and the doctors? Where is everyone?" Ethan asks.

"It's a full house tonight. They're attending to other patients." Momma answers.

"Okay mom. Than how can we help him?" I ask.

"Honey, you can't. His lung has collapsed. His heart is being pushed up against his chest cavities."

"He's gonna die, isn't he." Scott says.

"No, no he's not." Mom says. "Scott you grab the tape." She turns to Ethan. "You grab the scissors and cut his shirt off."

"Everyone does as told and I grab Danny's hand to take his pain away. He soon stops breathing.

"Mom, he's not breathing!" I state.

"I know, I know." She says.

She takes a deep breath than stabs Danny in the chest with a needle. She than pulls fluid out of him.