Blake

Blake Meyers was never into any school activities or sports. To others, his dark blue eyes, and tan skin, was a sign that he was nothing but a rebellious teen. In reality, the grey faux leather jacket he hid behind was just a tough exterior because he was antisocial and was afraid of confrontation. But even though Blake seemed mischievous, he did have a caring heart. Every Monday and Wednesday he would volunteer at the animal shelter with his dad to help groom and prep the animals for adoption. And although Blake may have never had the school spirit, there was one person at Mayrose Academy that made him smile everyday. Stacy Green.

Blake had already agreed to go to Yara Davis' Party with Spencer to infiltrate the scene, which he instantly had regrets about, since small talk was definitely not his strong suit, especially at parties.

But before the party, Blake had promised to help his mother wash a small pitbull that she had found on an abandoned street. The small puppy shivered in fear, as Blake poured lukewarm water over its back, softly whispering reassuring words.

"Shhh. It's okay. It's almost over."

Finally, Blake poured more water on the pitbull, and wrapped a small blue towel around him. Just then, the assistance bell at the front desk began to ring.

Blake, with a swaddled puppy in his arms, turned back to the front desk.

"Welcome to the Mayrose Animal Preservation. How can I help- you."

Blake looked up at the face, and saw the lime green eyes, the dark brown hair, and the freckled cheeks that made him completely speechless whenever he saw them. Stacy Green.

Stacy smiled innocently at Blake and looked down at the small pitbull. "That's a cute puppy. What family is he going to?"

"Um-," Blake faltered, trying to usher up the confidence to saying something to his crush ever since he started going to Mayrose Academy. "H-He's going to a family in Anaheim. They should be here to pick him up in an hour or two."

Stacy nodded, leaning to pet the puppy's wet head. She talked in small baby voices. "Hi little baby. Aw, you're so adorable." She then looked back up at Blake. "You're Blake, right? You're on the other side of the corridor at Mayrose Academy."

Blake had no response. He was stunned to find out that the girl he liked actually knew his name. "Uh, yeah. That's me. And you're Stacy? The girl that hangs out with Yara Davis all the time."

Stacy rolled her eyes. " You could say that, but it's really annoying. The press, and even people at school, just refer to me as 'Yara Davis' friend.' Don't get me wrong, Yara's my best friend, but I just wish that people actually refer to me as 'Stacy'."

Blake nodded. "I get it. It's like, you love having her as a friend. But sometimes, it's nice to get noticed. And not just as the person on the sidelines that Yara hangs out with. But just as yourself."

Stacy smiled. "You really get me Blake. Thanks for listening."

"No problem. So what did you come in here for?"

Stacy began playing with her braid off the side of her shoulder. "This place gets animals often, right?"

"Yup. Why? Is there a specific animal you're looking for?"

"Well, it's not really about finding the right animal. I just need some more information on it."

Blake, a little confused, helped anyway. "Shoot."

"What do you know about-"

"Stacy!"

Suddenly, a guy with dark hair like Stacy's, walked into the store. He saw Stacy standing at the counter with Blake, and walked up to her with an annoyed look on his face.