Epilogue

- Friday, November 21 -

Spencer sat at his new desk, inside his new office of his new job. He was almost finished his first report and was getting ready to send it in to be published, when he suddenly got a knock at his open door.

He turned up from his desk top to see Yara smiling at him, holding a vase of marigolds in her hands and leaning against the door.

Spencer instantly beamed at the sight of her. "Hey."

"Hey," she responded, just as cheerily. "I thought I'd bring you these. To congratulate you on your new job."

"Thank you. Can you put them on the window sill right there?" He jutted his head over to a long widow with a thick window sill.

As Yara walked up to it, she watched Spencer as he nit his eyebrows, bit his lip and attentively typed away. He always was focused when it came to his stories. "So, you seem to be enjoying your new position."

"Definitely. It's been great. I've never felt closer to my dad then I do right now." Spencer was surprised with himself. How willing he was to just open up to her. But, then again, he didn't feel weird about it.

"I'm glad," Yara spoke authentically. She placed the flowers down on the window sill, then started playing around them fixing the petals. "You know, Spencer, I really should be thanking you. Like a lot, actually."

Spencer then became intrigued, rotating in his seat. "For what?"

Yara began to play with the braid of her hair. "You were the only person who had my back no matter what. When everyone gave me the middle finger - Shawn, Andrew, Blake and Lena - you never doubted me. You trusted me. Even when I didn't deserve it."

Spencer stood up. "Yara, over the past month, I've seen who you are. Those lies? The manipulation? That was all your dad. If anything, it shows how much you're willing to do for your family. You're determined, and smart, and that's why I gave you a second chance. Because you did deserve it. Whether you believe that or not, you did. And if anything-"

He took a step closer to her, the divide between them getting smaller and smaller.

"I'm sorry. I knew infiltrating Andrew's team would get us the answers we needed, but I should've told you my plan. I kept a secret from you when were supposed to be partners. And I'm sorry for that."

Yara chuckled. "It's fine. We both had our secrets but in the end, we were still partners. Always on the same team."

Spencer nodded. "No matter what."

There was a long pause between the two, as they avoided eye contact with one another. Yara stared down at the ground, when she suddenly saw Spencer's arms open wide. Just like the day Andrew had dumped her. The first day she and Spencer had truly connected.

Just as before, Yara jumped into his arms, wrapping hers around his neck, pulling him in tight. Spencer did the same, clasping his hands around her hips, nuzzling his neck into hers.

"So," he whispered into her ear, and Yara tried her best not to let her chills take over. "How're you and Shawn doing?"

Yara breathed out. "He's one of my closest friends, and he always will be. But... there's too much history. Besides, I think there's somebody, I really wanna know better."

"Oh really?"

The two slowly sat up from their hug, their arms still entangled around the other. Eyes locked on each other.

Without thinking, Spencer took his thumb and ran it along Yara's cheek. "Your lips are so red."

"Thanks," she silently muttered back. Then without thinking, she felt her head lean forward, and her eyes slowly closing. And just like that, she felt a collision that made her entire body feel like a crackling lightening bolt.