Chapter Twenty-Seven

"SPENCER!"

Spencer lied motionless on the ground, blood gushing from his lower calf. He moaned in agony, but was unable to form anything even close to words.

Fear fled throughout Yara's body, as she knelt down beside him, trying to cover his oozing wound like it was nothing but a leaky pipe. But it was pointless. The thick red liquid continued to flow, whilst Yara's hands proceeded to stain.

Spencer's eyes began to slowly roll back in his head.

With messy hands, Yara moved up to his shoulders, shaking him intensely. "Come on, Spencer! Stay with me! Stay  awake!"

Yara wasn't sure what to do. She looked down at Spencer's hands, still holding the gun. But his fingers were wrapped around the barrel, not the trigger. So who had shot him?

Before Yara could even take a second to breathe, something caught her eye.

A gun slid across the floor to him,  hitting against Spencer's back. Yara looked over to it, and reaching over Spencer's body holding the gun in her hands. The barrel was now drenched in red blood.

"The hell?," Yara muttered, her hands trembling with the gun in it. Suddenly, a sharp sound filled the room, as loud sirens fired off. A loud voice ran over the intercom. The building is now on lockdown. Please remain where you are as we handle the situation.

Yara's mind was racing. There were too many sounds going off for her mind to even think straight. The blaring sirens. Spencer  wheezing for any air to enter his lungs. She could even hear the booming gun shots coming from above them. She just wanted to scream for everything to shut up.

Just then, movement of Spencer's hand made Yara's eyes shot back down to him. She laid his head in her lap, and began weeping endless tears.

"I'm sorry, Spencer!," She shrieked. "I'm so sorry!" She leaned her head down on top of his, his eyes now fully closed.

Yara shuddered, wondering where Blake, Lena, and Shawn were now. She had no idea what had caused the alarms to go off, but she couldn't help but sense that her friends were in danger. But she just couldn't leave Spencer.

She lifted her head up, wiping her eyes and nose on her arm. Suddenly, the silhouette of a figure towered over Spencer's unconscious body. Yara stared dead at him, her eyes red, her lips quivering, and her soul crushed.

Andrew smirked at her, as if her devastation was his greatest pleasure. He crossed his gloved hands over his body, the dim light casting a shadow against his skin. "What a shame. The bullet only hit his calf. Just a bit higher, and he'd be right back with his father."

"You!," Yara grunted, her breathing getting heavier and heavier. "You did this to him!"

Andrew maniacally laughed, slowly tugging his gloves off his clean hands. "Oh, Yara. Was I the one who lied about hiding my best friend's body, because I valued my reputation more than her own life? Was I the one that lied to my so called 'friends',  just to use them and manipulate them?"

He shook his head, stifling laughter beneath his grin. "No. Last time I checked, that was you. It was because of you that Spencer left your side. And it is because of you that he lays on your knees, clinging to his life."

Hearing those words made Yara's sobs grow louder. Not because they were being spoken by her betraying ex-boyfriend. But because she couldn't deny them.

"I... I'm sorry," she stuttered, slowly choking up.

Andrew shook his head, slowly tilting it back. "Yeah? Well I'm not! She's in here!" He shouted back in the direction he came, his voice echoing off the rusty walls.