Valentine's Day- Not just another day

song: Just the way you are by Bruno Mars

I like when Weston stays with me at night. Just having him around is comforting. We stay up at night talking about everything. Like what our favorite color is, foods we like and dislike, the music we listen to and so on. It's nice to have a friend.

Due to school and Drama after school we put off going to the nursing home. I have tried to skip school a few times but he won't let me. However we plan to go on Saturday.

This week has also been a little easier to deal with since he is working and not at home. School has been so-so. I avoid people as much as possible and have been eating lunch in the theater and besides Mrs. Banks doesn't seem to mind.

Today is Thursday, and I notice that several of the girls are getting flowers. Boys and girls all over the school are getting heart suckers with little notes attached to them. I realize that it's Valentine's Day.

I look around and he is nowhere in sight. I worry about him, what's going on in his mind. Today marks the day of their death, one year ago today.

A girl comes into the room with roses and she hands me one. "This one is for you." She says. "Wonder who it's from?"

I laugh, "you and me both."

When she walks way, I look at the note attached to it.

'You don't know it, but you are amazing.' Signed...W.F.

"Wow, who got you a rose?" Says Ericka.

I don't say anything and she jerks the card out of my hand. So help me I'm fixing to lose it on her ass.

She reads the note out loud for the whole class to hear, "You don't know it, but you are amazing W.F."

Everyone is laughing.

Blake laughs the hardest, saying, "WF it should be WTF" and everyone erupts into laughter again.

Karina stops laughing, "Wait what WF...who the hell is WF."

They all stop and look at each other. Max speaks up, "The only WF's in this school was Walker and Weston Fleming."

Just the sound of their names out in the open gets every one super quite.

Ericka hollers out, "What the hell guys that's a sick joke."

Everyone is looking at each other and they all claim that they didn't do it. I look around the room for him but he is not there. Either that or he just doesn't want me to see him at the moment.

In drama there is still talk about earlier; many rumors have been spread throughout the day. I try to ignore all of them and study on my parts of the play.

Mrs. Banks takes me home. Before we pull up all the way I already know that someone is home. I think she notices how my body tenses up within seconds.

"I can walk you in Cecilia."

"Its alright, I'll be fine."I get out of the car. "Thanks for the ride." I tell her and shut the door.

I walk slowly up the steps and into the house expecting the worse. My mother is sitting at the kitchen table. Whew!

I walk by to my room when I hear her call out to me. "Where the hell have you been school has been out over an hour or so."

I walk back into the kitchen. "Sorry moma I had to stay after school."

"For what, you meeting up with boys under the bleachers or something." She flicks her cigarette in the ashtray.

"No mama...just staying after school for a class."

She takes a puff from the cigarette, "I aint gonna say nothin to your daddy...but don't make this a habit understand."

"Yes moma."

"Well guess you better get started on cleaning before he gets home."

"Yes moma."

I walk over to the sink and start the water to wash the dishes. I learned years ago not to call her ma'am. Her mom is a ma'am not her. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I wash the dishes and head to my room. I will cook later when it gets time for him to be closer to home.

When he comes home he is holding one rose and hands it to my mom. They eat and go to bed not even bothering to thank me for cooking or cleaning, hell they don't even tell me goodnight. Of course I shouldn't be surprised they never do.

I head to my room. I see him sitting in the corner.

"Hey where have you been today?" I ask him.

"Around." He looks up at me. Is it possible for ghost, spirits to cry, because if so that's what he is doing? I walk over and sit beside him. I reach over and grab my backpack pulling out the rose.

"Did you do this?" I ask him.

He nods his head yes.

"Thanks...I was the talk of the school today. A lot of people were upset and freaking out. Trying to figure out who did it as a joke."

"Sorry. I seen everyone getting something and just wanted you to have a little something." He tries to smile at me.

"Thanks." I smile back at hm.

"Yeah, well you are amazing Cecilia."

We lay beside each other and his hand is in mine.

Weston's POV:

I watched Cecilia look at all the girls getting flowers and there is no way I could let her get by the day without having one for herself. So I find my way down to the front where they are selling them and when no one is looking I put her name on one of them. I scribble, 'you don't know it but you are amazing' , then I sign only my initials WF.

I don't stick around today because suddenly I remember it's been a year today. A year that I have been in a freaking coma. A year that he killed my only brother, my mom and them himself. This time last year was the last day of my life with them and the first day of my life alone in this world until she came into it. I love watching her smile. So seeing her now smiling while she sleeps makes my heart happy.