Bumping into her

Song: You and Me by Lifehouse

Weston's POV:

It feels so awkward living with my grandparents. My mind keeps replaying that night over a year ago. My dad lost it. There are no other words for it. He lost it. I just don't understand it. What the hell happened? We were just like any other family. I mean yeah they argued at times but nothing else. I never remember him laying a hand on her and if he did us it was just a normal spanking that kids got nothing more. So what went wrong? I will never know what was going on in his head that night.

He meant to kill me too. Yes I should be dead right now just like my twin brother Walker. Damn I don't know how I am going to live without him. It's been a whole year. A year of my life lost because of him.

Thankfully my grandparents are taking me in. They moved back to Pucket County when I woke up. They want me to be able to finish the school year with my friends.

The first day back is chaotic; everyone surrounds me including people that are not even really my friends. Everyone keeps asking questions and trying to catch me up on what is going on now. I see Miranda and she is smiling ear to ear; I give her a small smile back. We were dating before the accident for almost a year. She swears she has been waiting for me but my friends say that she has been out on several dates with other guys. It's not like I can be too upset about it. I mean what if I never woke up she cant wait her entire life for me.

At lunch, I sit with my friends and I happen to look up and get a glance of this most amazing girl ever. She is super thin; thinner than I like but still. She has long blondish hair and those eyes. Her eyes- wait I know those eyes.

I remember she came with Mrs. Banks to visit me. But no- I've seen her somewhere else I know I have.

She walks by our table and she glances back up at me as if she knows me too. She acts like she wants to say something but she doesn't and if she did she looks like she would crumble to a million pieces to the floor.

I ask my friends, "Who is that girl?"

"Dude she is just another wannabe..." I don't hear the rest because they are rambling on about how they had some of it and I know they are freaking liars. That girl wouldn't give them the time of the day. I want to go after her but the guys keep talking.

So later in the hallway I see her and bump into her. At first she was upset but when she glances up into my eyes the frown fades into a smile. I tried talking to her again but Blake and Max keep ruining every chance I get.

The next few days all I can think about is her. I keep trying to bump into her but my friends and Miranda are always with me. My God can't they just give me a break. I understand I have been gone for a while but they are making it difficult for me to even breathe. I just need alone time.

Friday rolls around and my friends and I are going to the Spring Play that the Drama club is producing. It's either that or sit in class and who wants to sit in class. When the lights go out everyone starts to go quiet. The lights come on the stage and it begins and that's when I see her.

Cecilia. On stage. In the lights. She starts to sing and I can barely hear her. She seems nervous and maybe a little scared or shy but then her voice flows over me and does something to my ever being. I know I have heard that voice before. I know that sweet glorious voice and she takes my breath away leaving chills down my spine...hell my whole body.

I search for her after the play and she is in the back behind the stage cleaning up and getting ready for the next set tonight. I want to touch her but I don't. I stand behind her contemplating on what to say. "That was amazing; I can't wait to see it again tonight."

When she turns around she is already smiling as if she knew it was me behind her. She seems really happy to see me. "I'm glad you liked it."

"I actually liked hearing you sing." Which is the truth her voice is incredible. Oh my gosh she is so freaking cute her cheeks are turning pink and almost red of embarrassment. She is so adorable.

I look at my watch and I know my grandparents are waiting for me so I tell her I have to go. I will make sure I bump into her again later.

Unfortunately Miranda goes with me as well. I had planned on just the grandparents but this girl keeps clinging to me. I overheard some of the Drama cast talking about going out afterwards to a café so I ask my friends if they want to meet up there as well. I don't want to go with just Miranda because that would be awkward enough because I want to see Cecilia.

We get there before she does. We sit up front in a booth. It's just a few of us, Blake, Max, Benjie, and Josh and of course they bring their girls. Might as well bring everyone. When she gets there I try not to follow her with my eyes. If the guys see me they will bring it up and then that would be awkward for Miranda. I wish she would get off of me; she practically sits in my lap and keeps playing with my hair.

Suddenly I hear Blake call out above our conversation, "Cecilia I didn't know you could sing; maybe we should hook up again."

That gets her attention. She turns around and confronts him. "First of all we never hooked up so stop saying we did." Then she glances up at me. The smile earlier is gone and I feel that she is more hurt by me than by Blake's stupid comment. She turns and heads towards the restroom.

When she comes out Mrs. Banks is with her and they go back to sit down in the corner. I try to look at her but Miranda keeps getting my attention with kisses down my neck. I push her away and excuse myself making up an excuse that I need to get home.

I try to fall asleep but all I think about is her. I jump up and put on my shoes and go out for a midnight run. I run by my old house, now hers but all the lights are off. I know which room she sleeps in, my old room. Don't ask me how I know I just know.

I turn and go back home thinking I will find a way tomorrow to talk to her. I lay awake half of the night thinking of her. When the sun shines through my window I get up and get dressed. I find a pair of jeans and pull them on but something is in the back pocket. I pull out a folded up piece of paper. I open up to pretty writing. 'Don't forget about me. - Love Cecilia.'

That's strange, because last night I dreamed of her. I was at my house and she was there crying. Her father is nothing like mine. He hit her and not just once but several times. I throw myself on top of her shielding her from his punches and kicks. I was trying to save her. When he is gone I promise her I would never forget about her and that I will take her far away as possible away from him.

Now I look at this note in my shaking hands. Her hand writing. Her words. Don't forget about me. Dammit I have to find her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I hope you liked Weston's POV. I felt like we needed to know what is going in his world. Next chapter will have both POV from Cecilia and Weston. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.