My Mistake

Song: Come to this by Natalie Taylor

I force myself to go to school the rest of the week. It's crazy how people make up all kinds of stories. Why can't everyone keep to themselves? Everyone always wanting to start something. Ever school is the same. I have been to so many over the years and this one is no different.

The only good thing about this place is Mrs. Banks. I can actually count on her. She is the only honest person I know. The only person who I can talk to and not only listens but understands and believes in me.

However I still keep secrets from her, like my parents. She thinks she has done me a favor by talking to him. If only she knew the truth. The only reason he is letting me stay after school with her is he is hoping it will keep her quite. What she doesn't know, is that he continues to beat me.

There is not a night that goes by where he doesn't. If he doesn't do it when he gets home from work he waits till morning. Believe me not a day goes by that he is not abusing me in some way.

They say people can get addicted to certain things. My father is an alcoholic; he drinks from the time he wakes up till the time he goes to bed. His other addiction is beating the shit out of me. He gets a high off of my pain.

The only thing that Mrs. Banks is addicted to is Drama and making others happy. She loves seeing her students light up the stage. I enjoy coming to her class because in her class I am not Cecilia. I can get on that stage and be someone else...anyone but who I really am.

By the time we get home it's late. I have to rush to clean the house. I'm cleaning up my mess form fixing super when he get home.

In this house, I am Cecilia, the girl who is worthless and pathetic and can't do anything right. No matter how hard I try. I will never be good enough.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He walks into the kitchen.

I go to the fridge to grab a bottle and hand it to him. He opens in with his hand and turns it over to take a long sip. Then he looks at me. "Well is super ready or am I gonna have to wait?"

"It's ready." I turn around back to the stove and fix him a plate. I set it on the table in front of him and then go fix my mom a plate.

"What the hell is this shit, hamburger helper again." He throws his fork into the plate causing the contents to splatter on the table. "I'm not eating this shit again."

My mother doesn't say a word. She just stares down at her plate in front of her. She never says anything.

He tosses his plate at me. "You eat this shit...matter of fact eat your mom's too." He picks up her plate and scrapes all of it into the other plate in front of me.

I just look at it. He has got to be kidding.

"Eat it!" He yells. "No since in wasting it now." He picks up his bottle and takes another sip.

I pick up the fork and start to scoop up the hamburger helper and take a bite. I'm halfway done when my stomach starts to hurt. I feel like it is going to bust if I eat any more. So I do the natural thing I stop eating.

"What's the matter...finish it." He pushes the plate closer to me.

"I'm full." I tell him.

"We don't waste in this house you know that...so eat it...now dammit." He leans back in his chair and watches me.

I force myself to eat the rest of it. When I am done I run to the bathroom and puke all of it up.

My second mistake of the night. The first was fixing something he didn't want. But I had no choice it was the only thing in the house. The second mistake...puking all of it up.

He follows me to the bathroom; his footsteps so loud and heavy. "You got to be kidding me!" he yells.

I reach up and flush the toilet. "I told you I couldn't eat any more."

I stand up to go to the sink to wash my mouth out. His hand slams into the back of my head. I feel it radiate throughout my entire body. My eyes were already teary from puking and now a few more tears fall.

"That's enough let's go." He turns the water off and drags me by the arm towards my room. He practically throws me in and I thought he was going to hit me again as usual but he turns and leaves me there. I hear him locking the door behind him.

I hear the front door open and close and I know that they both left so I wait a few minutes before sneaking out of the bedroom window.

I don't know where to go so I walk and walk. My mind is on overload and swimming in all directions. I end up at the water tower and climb all the way to the top. I sit down with my feet hanging over the edge. The last time I was here, Weston was with me. I'm not here to jump. I just need to think. I need to get away from that damn house and them. Just being in that house makes me sick to my stomach. Besides if I jump it won't kill me anyway so why bother.

Before going back home, I stop at a store just to use the restroom. I walk down an aisle and think about all the food at my arms reach. I could easily stash some in my clothes but I don't.

I remember once when I was little my mom did that. She knocked over a whole display and blamed in on me. While the clerk was fusing and picking up the items to put them back on the shelf she was stashing away all kinds of good stuff right into her coat. It wasn't the only time she did it and she never got caught. The funny thing is I don't mind getting caught. I'm afraid of what he will do to me if he ever found out.

I walk back home in the pitch dark. They haven't gotten home yet so I climb back through the window and shut it back. They will never know that I even left.

I'm stuck in my bedroom for the whole weekend. Well majority of the time. He opens the door only three times during the day so I can fix them something to eat and during that time I use the bathroom. It's not like they don't know how to cook or anything it's because they are so freaking lazy and want me to be a slave to them. I don't know why he even bothers locking the damn door because it's not like I'm going to go anywhere anyway besides if I have to stay here I would rather be in my room far away from them as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So glad you are all loving the story. I am trying to post daily so bare with me.

Also if you like this I am sure you will like my other story..'Liberty Star'. So if you have time check it out. Thanks for making comments, voting and adding to readying list it means so much to me to have support from others.