On the beach

Song: Bubbly by Colbi Caillat

The last two weeks of school went by fast. People still ask me how I am doing. Mostly people that never noticed me to begin with. After the talent show all I hear about is how amazing my voice is. A lot of people think I should do one of those shows on T.V. like 'The Voice' or 'America's got Talent'. However I don't feel that I was that good.

I know I keep bringing myself down. My therapist is helping me work on negative thoughts. She is also helping me cope with my past. I didn't think I would like her at first because she wants me to talk about things I really want to forget, hide so far deep inside of me and lock it way, throwing away the key. But for me to get better I have to be able to talk about it. Get it all out, so I can let it all go. She has also helped me to think differently about situations at school like how I always think everyone is talking about me and being rude to me. Most of those thoughts and ideas are caused from my anxiety which she has given me medication for it to help me get through the day.

She also gives me assignments to write in my journal. I have picked up on writing and find that I love writing poetry and my own songs.

For the last week we have all been talking about taking a vacation down in Florida on the beach. Mrs. Banks is taking her family and Emily asked if I could go considering I have never been. Of course she said that it was totally cool with her.

Weston talked his grandparents into going as well the same week and they are going to the same location. Now it's just getting my grandparents to agree to let me go. The really cool thing was is that my therapist talked with them and told them it would be really good for me to go and get away for a while. So guess what- I'm going.

"You sure you have everything you need dear?" Grammy asks.

"Yes...I have packed everything."

"Let's run by the list to make sure. I would hate to see you get down there and you forgot your toothbrush." She laughs.

"Oh! My toothbrush, I forgot." I tell her as I make my way to the bathroom to retrieve it.

"So you have at least four shirts, four bottoms, panties, bras, your brush, toothbrush, shoes, and your bathing suit...anything else you can think of. Here is your meds don't forget to take it?"

"I have everything; stop worrying I'm going to be fine and I am in good hands."

"Your phone."

"Check!" I giggle at her. I love the way she cares so much about me it feels so good so I never complain about anything.

Mrs. Banks comes by to pick me up of course my grandparents have to talk to her, but she assures them everything will be fine.

"You promise to be on your best behavior and call me once you get there so I will know you made it."

"I promise." I hug her then turn to Pops and hug him. I wave bye to them as I get in the car.

Emily's parents are so cool. It was a long drive down to the beach and we all sang along to the radio all the way there including her husband who by the way is just as cool as Mrs. Banks. Comes to find out he is also a teacher at a different school and he also teaches Drama. We stop a few times to use the restroom and once to eat at a little café in the middle of nowhere. I tried to pay for my own but they wouldn't have it.

I brought the hundred dollars I won from the talent show, plus two hundred that Pops gave me. He said I might need money for food plus anything I might see that I just have to have.

Seven hours later, we pull up at the beach front condo. Emily said they always come to this condo every summer. They were telling me on the way how it is so much better in a condo verse a hotel. This way we will have our room and her parents will have a room as well. Plus it has a full size kitchen, living room, two bathrooms and it's on the beach.

The second we go in Mr. and Mrs. Banks takes their luggage to their room. Emily heads off to her room. I think I am suppose to follow her however I can't take my eyes away from the view as I look out the back of the condo. It's all glass and the view of the ocean is breathtaking.

I walk to the door and open it up to step outside on the deck. I can almost taste the salt in the air. The sound of the ocean is calling my name each time it comes in. My legs start to move and the next thing I know I'm on the beach, taking my flip-flops off in the process. My feet sink into the warm sand making its way between my toes. The feeling is pure amazing. It's exactly how I had imaged it to be. I run to the edge where the waves come in and the water swiftly comes in tickling my toes.

Emily comes running over to me. "Hey I thought we were doing this together?"

I look at her and smile. "Can we go now....I don't think I can wait?"

"Sure, but can we at least put on our swimsuits."

I groan, "Sure."

We go back in and change. My phone keeps vibrating and it happens to be Weston. He is on the beach waiting for us already.

Emily puts on the cutest two-piece bikini of course it's pink. I opt out for a solid mint green one piece. I'm just not sure about showing that much of my body just yet. I mean I'm doing good to do this much. The good thing about Emily, she never judges me for the way I look. And I already know that Weston will never say anything.

"Hey I need to call my Grammy real quick is that alright?"

"Sure, while you are doing that I will go get us a beach towel alright."

After getting off the phone we run out towards the beach. Mrs. Banks calls after us, "Don't go to far now. I don't want to have to search for you two later."

"Yes ma'am." We say in unison.

We run barefoot all the way down to where the water is coming onto the beach. I let the water play again with my toes. Weston sees us before we even spot him and is running towards us.

"So what do you think?" He asks with his amazing smile.

"I feel like I'm in heaven." I reach up and put my arms around his neck to kiss him.

Emily laughs when we kiss again. "You guys need to get a room....come on let's get in."

I shake my head at her and we all laugh.

Weston takes my hand. "Are you ready for this?"

The three of us jump into the water. I want to go farther in but I don't know how to swim so I try to stay close to the beach where I can feel the bottom.

Weston swims over and picks me up and I scream loud as he lets go of me and I go all the way under. I forgot to hold my breath so I take in some of the salty water. I see him under the water as he swims closer to me and pulls me up and I'm coughing up most of the water.

"Sorry babe...I wasn't thinking."

He just called me babe...what? I can't help but blush. To get my mind off that comment I jump up and push him under the water. Then we have a water fight. The three of us swim, well mostly played in the ocean until Mrs. Banks calls for us to get out.