Getting caught

Song: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

The warm sun radiates every nerve in my body. There is a nice breeze this morning. We are told Florida will have some good thunderstorms this afternoon so Emily and I came down to the beach early. We have already played in the water for a while and now we are laying on a beach towel, baking in the sun. I lay flat on my back and tilt my head back to get more of the sun on my face and neck. The bruises are very light yellow now so I'm kinda hoping that if I can get a little sun it will fade and no one would notice at all.

We had gone shopping yesterday to get a few things that we needed for the condo and I bought me a cute pair of shades. I am wearing them but the sun is still so bright above us so I close my eyes. Emily has in one ear bud so she can listen to music and still be able to talk to me. I could listen to music, but I would rather just hear the ocean. It's so soothing, a sound that I have never heard before except on media of some kind, but this is just so calming to my soul.

A few months ago, I would have let those waves take me all the way under. Now I'm not so sure. I mean I have Grammy and Pops now who have stepped up and done so much for me and even getting me the help that I need. I also have Mrs. Banks and her family they are like a second family to me. I never thought anyone would care about me the way they do. And then there is Weston. If anyone could stop my mind from going under its him. Just being around him makes me feel like I'm on a natural high. I think we were also meant to be together. As I close my eyes now, I think of him. The sound of the ocean close by, calming me.

A dark figure blocks out the sun above me. When I open my eyes to see who is blocking out the sun, he is smiling down at me.

"I thought it was you guys out here, kinda early don't you think?"

"It's after nine." I laugh.

He plops down beside me. But there is someone behind him. And he is really cute, looks about our age.

"Who is your friend?" I ask.

"Oh..Hey Mason this is Cecilia my girlfriend and our friend Emily, guys this is my cousin from South Carolina."

"H-"I was about to say hi until I was rudely interrupted by Emily. Who seemed to be sleeping or in her own world till she heard Weston say her name.

"Hi I'm Emily." She is smiling ear to ear.

He throws out his and in a wave and says "hi."

"You can sit over here if you want." She tells him.

I look at Weston and make a face and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Hey do you mind putting sunscreen on my backside." I ask Weston. "Mrs. Banks told us we had to use it today; she doesn't want us getting sunburned."

"You know I don't mind...roll over." He grabs the bottle and squirts some into his hands. Massaging it into my skin. I could go to sleep if he keeps this up; his hands feel so good against my warm skin. When he is done he lays down beside me.

Emily and Mason are chatting and suddenly she turns to me. "I'm going for a dip; you want to come?"

"Nah...you guys go."

The two of them take off down to the water.

"Mason uh!" I smirk.

"What...I forgot they were coming too. Look maybe they will hit it off then we can actually have alone time."

"Oh...you need to be alone with me. Why?"

"Really you have to ask." He turns on his side and starts tickling me. We are in a full blown tickle fight. Somehow he ends up on top of me, but he holds his weight up so he is not smothering me. He looks down at me with this incredible smile. He reaches up and takes my sunglasses off. "I want to see your eyes."