All the rumors

Song: Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara

When I get home that night, my mom is waiting for me and she is not happy. "Your father was taken in today...apparently they are arresting him for child abuse."

I don't say anything. I just look at her like I have no clue what she is talking about.

She flicks her cigarette. "Cecilia what did you do this time; you know he will get out and when he does you know what he is capable of?"

"I didn't do anything?" I walk over to the kitchen sink and start washing some of the dishes.

"The hell you didn't. You let them take those damn pictures of your body. You talked to someone." She grabs my arm forcing me to turn around to look at her. "You will have to face the consequences."

"Moma I was called to the office today...they made me do it."

"You know one day..." she flicks her ashes on the floor. "One day you are going to have to stand up for yourself and stop doing what everyone tells you to do."

I don't say anything. The weird things is, I am standing up for myself. I'm all on my own. The only one that is going to save me is me.

I can't believe I actually slept well for once, just knowing he wasn't going to be there for the night calmed me some. I wake up early and actually take a shower, brush my hair and wear the clothes that Mrs. Banks gave me.

I did try to return them yesterday but she made me keep them. I had planned on throwing them in my backpack and changing at school. But since he is not here, I might as well put them on here.

When I get to school, a majority of the students are talking more about Weston. Apparently he is making an awesome recovery and is even back at school today. I try not to believe all the rumors not wanting to get my hopes up.

But in lunch as I am in line to get my sack lunch I spot him at the table with them. Yes his so called friends Blake and Max along with the three meanest girls on the planet and Josh and Benjie their boyfriends.

I know I am staring at him. I don't mean to be but seeing him at school kinda of makes my heart melt. He is so freaking cute. There are no words to describe Weston Fleming.

As I walk by their table to leave the cafeteria, I glance back up at him. He is staring right at me. Our eyes connect and I have a small hope deep inside of me that he does remember the time we shared together.

Ericka rolls her eyes and starts talking to him to get his attention away from me. I continue walking on by and I hear him ask about me.

"Who is that girl?"

"Dude she is just another wannabe. She moved here back before Christmas." Says one of the guys.

"Yeah I hate to admit but I had a piece of that...it ain't all that you know what I mean."

"Yeah me too dude at the New Year's Party...she's a player that's for sure."

Then one of the girls say, "You two are so gross you would do anything with legs and will bend over for you."

They all bust out laughter. I'm not sure if he is laughing along with them or not because I'm past them and walking down the hall to the theater.

Mrs. Banks is in there already. "Hi Cecilia come eat up on the stage with me."

I climb up the steps and sit beside her. I pull out the P&J sandwich and a bag of chips.

"I'm sorry about yesterday but you know why I did it right."

"Yes ma'am, it's ok. I mean it was bound to happen." I take a bite of the sandwich.

"So how is everything?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Well my dad was gone when I got home and my mom is so not happy about it."

"Did she say or do anything?"

"Just said I will have to live with whatever happens."

"Well I hope he stays in jail for a very long time. No one should ever hurt a child like that. I'm sorry you have had to live with it this long."

"You get use to it after a while." I finish the sandwich off and then open the bag of chips.

"I heard Weston was back at school today." She changes the subject.

"He is; I just saw him." I try to smile, but it's more of a sad smile.

"Cecilia I'm sure he will remember just give him some time."

"Even if he does, his friends will make sure he never talks to me."

"I know Weston, honey he does what he wants, no one has ever stopped him from doing what he wants to do."

I finish off the chips. I dig for the apple at the bottom of the bag, then throw my other trash in. When I'm done I tell her bye and head off to my next class.

Between fifth and sixth period, I bump into him in the hallway. I think he bumped into me on purpose but it could be my mind playing tricks on me.

He is smiling at me. "Cecilia right."

I nod my head. "Hi Weston."

"You came to see me with Mrs. Banks."

"Yeah."

"Do I know you from somewhere? Sorry my memory is still coming back in pieces. I feel like I know you, I just can't place you, sorry."

"Well...I...I..." I start to tell him but Blake and Max come up behind him and grab him by the shoulder.

"Come on man lets go....gonna be late to class."

"I was talking to..." I hear his voice trail off as I'm walking off. I can't stand the two of them and refuse to be around them.

The guys are laughing. "Dude you don't want any of that...besides you still have Miranda."

I fade into the crowd, putting their voices behind me. I'm so sick of hearing that I'm no good or that I'm a slut, skank...you name it. I've never put out to anyone and I sure as hell not gonna give it to one of them. I'm still a virgin dammit. I wish people would freaking grow up and stop telling lies about me.

During drama I get on stage and work really hard on my parts. Friday we have to perform in front of the school. Then that night the community will come out to see it as well as on Saturday night. The good thing is he is not at home so I can stay out longer.

Mrs. Banks drives me home and no one is there. I assume my mom is working a double. She made the comment that she was going to have to pick up extra hours now that my dad is not working. And he is still gone. I wonder how long he will be away.