Heartbeat

I can feel the throbbing of my own eyes, and the thumping of my heart against my chest. My palms were sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through my system was shutting down my ability to think logically. The fear in my body told my legs to go weak, my stomach to lurch and my heart to ache. The reason why I was feeling such a strong amount of despair was that I had to witness the execution of Kirumi Tojo, the murderer of Ryoma Hoshi. The sadness flowed through my veins and deadened my mind. It was a poison to my spirit, killing off my other emotions. I felt my heart cracking like glass, spreading its pieces throughout my body. Instead of heading back to the dorm rooms like everyone said, I decided to take a quiet walk to ease my troubled mind.

I was walking unusually slowly, almost robotically, as if my brain was struggling to tell each foot to take the next step. I quietly took a breath as my chest rising and falling with the sedative qualities of a lullaby. Trying to force my mind to think of something else, I stared at the trees that occupied the courtyard. The mighty tree's leaves dance to an unheard beat, whispering their songs to the wind. Its branches protrude like vines up towards the sky and brush the nearby buildings like a paintbrush. Everything was somewhere peaceful until...

"Hmm... You know, it's very suspicious Behavior to stay out late at night. Are you planning something (__)?" He said in his childlike voice.

I didn't need to turn around to see who the voice was coming from, It was obviously kokichi ouma. Just saying that name makes me want to vomit. Not wanting to take any chances, I quickened my walking pace and went in the opposite direction of him. "Hey! Don't just walk away from me!" He scowled as He ran up behind me. No matter how fast I walked, kokichi always find a way to keep up with me. Kokichi knew that I had zero tolerance for his bullshit so, like the little jerk that he is, he continued pestering me with his dumb comments. I try to ignore him, but his voice and attitude are so utterly annoying. "For God's sake, can you please stop following me!" I spat out as I finally turn to face him. As I look down on his face, a devilish smirk greeted me. "Neeehee...Sorry! But no can do~" he chuckled as he put his arms behind his head, Probably thinking he some hot shit. "Fine... If you're not going to leave, you can at least tell me why you're following me." You scolded, giving him the stink eye.

What is his deal...?

He's basically some Sly 5 year older...

So why the hell does he piss me off so much...?

We stare at each other for a long time, but he breaks the silence. "Since you asked so nicely, I guess I could tell you," Kokichi lilted, "It's because I Think you're interesting~" My brain turned off for a couple of seconds. I couldn't believe what this little kid was saying, There's no way in the world that's true. "Shut up" I yelled but I couldn't help but blush. He noticed that I was somewhat blushing, and gave me a smile.

For the first time in a while, I think I heard my heartbeat In a happier way...

(Author's note: I'm sorry that there's such a big time skip and I also apologize for this chapter being short... I didn't really know what to do with the next chapter, so I thought this would be the best approach. Hope you guys are having a wonderful day or night. I'll see you all later, Bye~)