It hurts to breathe

My eyes shifted to the side again and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. I bite my tongue, trying to hold the tears that threatened to leave my eyes. My walls, the walls that hold me up, make me strong just... collapse. Moment by moment, they fall. My lips trembled and my shoulders heaved with emotion. I didn't care who saw. I just broke down. I couldn't bring myself to words as I looked down, pulling my eyes away from the gruesome sight before me. The world around becomes a blur of color that melts to gray. I was absolutely petrified.

A lone tear traced down my cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. I wept, tears streaming from my bloodshot eyes, I thick lashes stuck together in clumps as if I've been swimming. The tears made wet tracks down my face and dripped from my stubbled, wobbling chin. My eyes flood with them, coming like a rainfall. Sniffing every ten seconds, they fall and fall. My loose shoulders shook, my hands hanging low, making no attempt to conceal or even wipe away my own tears.  

I cried as if my brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of my every pore. My chin trembled as if I was a small child. I breathed heavier than I ever had before. I was gasping for air that simply wasn't there. My wailing carried in that damp air, freezing everyone in place, helpless. My eyes were burning and my chest felt heavy as if it were filled with lead. I could no longer see clearly. 

The whole world had vanished for me, now there was only pain enough to break me, pain enough to change me beyond recognition. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone.  All I knew was that she was gone, out of my life for possibly forever.

Rest... 

In...

Peace...

Tenko chabashira...

.

.

.

.

.

(Author's note: First, I know this chapter is really short and I apologize for that. I had really bad writer's block about what the reader would do after they discovered they're only friend's dead body. As you can see, this is the best I could come up with... Secondly, Updates are going to be slower than usual)