3 | Insecure | Dally

"Let me pick you up for one of 'em." Dally suggests. We got a camera after we moved in together, and now were just taking pictures with them for our new house. We cleared out the bare living room and Darry set up the tri-pod before he left for work. I suggested them a while ago, and Dally finally agreed. He says he hates them, but the way he poses tells me otherwise.

"No..." I say.

"Why not?" He asks. He sounded a little eager, he knew it too, so then he toned it down. "I mean, don't you want something like that?"

"I mean it would look great but ..."

"But what man? What's the problem?"

The problem was me. My weight. People have always told me I'm okay, but that's not how I feel. I love the way those pictures look when the boy's holding the girl, but I don't know if he could lift me. I would be horrified if he couldn't, if he dropped me. I can't risk it. "There's no problem." I say finally. "I was just thinking that we could do some with me kissing your cheek and --"

"I thought you said you wanted one where I was carrying you?"

"I never said that I wanted one, I said that they always look good."

"Well, if you think they look good, then why wouldn't you want one?"

"Dally, " I ask, finally telling him what I feel. "can you even lift me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean can you lift me? Am I too heavy?"

"No way man," he says, "you are not too heavy."

I'm not convinced. "No, let's just do something else."

"No Y/N, let's do this now." He quickly slings me into a bridal-style position. "Baby, in no way are you heavy."

"Thanks Dally." I feel so much better. "Okay, put me down to I can turn on the camera count-down."

He sets me down as I turn on the ten-second timer. He picks me up again and kisses my cheek while I smile to the side. That beam was not fake.