5 | Pregnancy | Ponyboy

After a long day, I was dead. The exhaustion has been so much worse lately, mainly because I am six months pregnant. I didn't even take off my clothes, I threw myself down on the bed, back down, and got under the covers. It was kind of cold in our room today, it's the perfect sleeping temperature. Pony finally joined me after brushing his teeth and changing.

"Y/N, honey ... Y/N." Pony whispers. I didn't answer, I was too drained to answer. I was still half awake though.

Pony moved in the bed, making the mattress. I was just about to scold him when he says, "Hey girlie, I just wanted to say that I love you." He puts his warm hand on my stomach. "The most anyone will. Well, besides Mommy." He then kisses my stomach, right on top of the shirt. He was so sweet. "And don't let anyone ever tell you different. I already love you so much, and you're not here yet. Imagine how much I am going to love you when you are here with us."

Then, he starts to sing an old lullaby. The one that my father used to sing to me when I couldn't sleep.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take, my sunshine away."

He then kisses my stomach twice.

I told him about the lullaby when we first started dating. How did he remember after two years of marriage and five years of dating?

"Nice singing Pony." I compliment, putting my hand on top of his.

I open my eyes and see that Pony's cheeks are red. "Y/N, I thought you were asleep."

"I almost was," I tell him, struggling to sit up with my stomach, "but then I heard you talking to her."

"Oh."

I lean over, with some difficulty, and kiss him on the cheek. "You're going to be a great father."

"And you're going to be a great mother."

"She's going to be so loved ya know," I point out, "she has us, and her six loving uncles."

"She's going to be so spoiled."

I laugh at his comment. "I know."