4 | Ponyboy

I was working on homework at the Curtis household. It was perfect for completing assignments between three and five-thirty, when it was quiet and peaceful. That hour and a half is the calm before the storm, literally and figuratively. Five-thirty is when it get's rowdy, all the boys come home from work. And then dinner is being made, and the TV is on, etc. So, if I want to hang out with Pony, I have to get all my homework done by then. If it's not finished by that time, it's not getting done.

Sitting at the dining room table, I grab my Calculus textbook and open to my homework page. I put the butt of the pencil in my mouth. I then grabbed my binder. Skimming through my homework, I would definitely need my notes.

"You look so cute when you do that." Pony tells me, making me jump.

"Will ya announce your presence?" I ask, annoyed. "You always scare me."

"I know baby, I like doing it."

I roll my eyes at him and go back to my homework. He sits down at the chair next to me and watches me copy down the problem. It was getting invasive. "Why are you watching me do Math Pony?"

He doesn't answer me. He instead asks, "What color are you wearing to Prom?"

I look at him, a reaction from the weird question. "What do you mean?"

"We have to match," Pony tells me, "what color is your dress?"

He never asked me. I thought he would do this whole elaborate thing. I would have even been happy if he actually asked me. But, he's never said anything before right now. So, I say, "Since when are we going to Prom?"

He goes silent for a few seconds. I look into his eyes as the look of sheer terror and embarrassment caresses them. "Dammit, I forgot to ask you."

The Outsiders Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें