Chapter 10: Welcome To Hell

·Grace's POV·

Summer is officially over. I still can't understand how the time had gone by so freaking quickly. Just yesterday, my friends and I were on our way back to St. Mary's Port and right now we're heading to Southview High for our first day as seniors. Saying goodbye to Archer had been harder than I thought. It's only natural, I've been spending every single morning with him for the last three weeks. What doesn't please me is not having advanced at all in our respective  investigations. We've been trying to get to know each other better before we start digging up information. Right now I am aware of many of Archer's personal details, such as his death story, his childhood memories, hobbies and preferences. I know he was born the 13th of January 1961 to William and Beatrice Sutcliffe, his favorite color is black and he is hopelessly devoted to Edgar Allan Poe's works. He also has a younger brother for nine years called Noah who, according to Archer, is the total opposite of him (physically and personally). Sincerely talking, I think it might be useful for me to know those facts for future events. Who knows what will happen?

Anyway, while I was driving my friends and I to classes, I zoned out thinking about yesterday.

*Flashback*

"Archer, I have to go home."

"I know, but I reallly wish you didn't..."

"This doesn't interfere with our goal, I can assure you."

"Promise you won't bail on me."

"Really? You think so low of me?"

"That's not it love. I'm just afraid you won't come back, try to understand."

"Okay... I promise to come and spend most of the weekends here, if it doesn't affect my grades at school. Happy?"

"Over the moon."

"Good, that's the best I can offer."

"It will get pretty lonely being stuck here without you again. I was getting used to your annoying self."

"I guess my annoying self won't be returning here for the weekend every now and then after all."

"I was joking!"

"Apologize then."

He kneeled on the floor and put his palms together as in prayer:

"Please love, listen this poor excuse of a ghost. Come to me as many times as you can during your school year, don't forget about it. It's not the same without you. Grace, the fact that it's you who is helping me regain my memory means the world to me. Could you please forgive me?" He finished his rambling with an innocent smile.

That was adorable, was he even possible to resist?

"I guess I could do that... But you're on probation, sir."

"As you wish ma'am. - he saluted me.- So this is our goodbye then..."

"I'm seeing you in a week, cut the drama."

"That may be difficult, but I'll try for you. Drive safe, okay?"

"Sure. See you next week Archer."

Before I could pull him into a hug, he had taken my hand, pulled me towards him and kissed my cheek. As I was about to respond, he vanished.

*End of Flashback*

"Grace, you look like a tomato." Toli stated, fanning my face while we were closing the car doors.

"Who were you thinking about? Archer perhaps?" Katie asked, glancing at me naughtily.

"Shut up..."

Great, I look even redder than before.

As we were about to enter the building, two pair of hands obstructed my sight.

"Guess who?"

"Hmmm, the chirpy voice, the wrinkled hands and the sweaty aroma. It's obviously Scottie."

"Ouch G, my ego is hurt."

"I keep it in check, sorry not sorry."

"No probs. I missed you SO much during summer!" He exclaimed, hugging me.

"Ehem, ehem."

"Oh, hello girls!"

"Hello to you too Scottie. Did you missed us as well?"

"Of course."

"Well, it doesn't look like it." Katie put her raised eyebrow on display.

"Hey! I haven't seen G during all summer, give it a rest."

"I can't wait to see the other two boys" Toli said.

"Speaking of the devil." Katie pointed behind us.

We all turned and saw a blue Jeep pulling over at the parking lot. Roland's car.

"THE KING IS BACK, BITCHES!"

Good old Isaac is here too. God help us all.

"Are you nuts? Chill bro, we haven't even started yet and a teacher's gonna send you to the detention room."

"Nahh, they love me unlike you." He paused. "My eyes have been blessed! If those aren't my three beautiful ladies over there!"

"Isaac!" Toli went off to hug him.

"Hello Katie, you look fantastic." Roland complimented her, adoration clear in his eyes.

"Hi Roland. You too, new haircut?"

"You noticed."

"Totally, it suits you."

I think Roland is about to faint...

Oh, I forgot to mention it. Roland over here has had the bigggest crush on Katie since freshman year. However, he's too shy to tell her and Katie too occupied to notice. I was once looking through Roland's sketches when I saw one that caught my eye. It was the most beautiful drawing I've ever seen so far. It was Katie standing in the middle of a meadow holding a gardenia (her favorite flower) at sunset. What's more, he listens to Katie's favorite classical music piece, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, on repeat just to talk about it with her. Can he get any cuter? The world needs more guys like him!

And like Archer...

Just as I was about to shush my subconscious, the bell rang signaling the start of every teen's torture.

High school.

I then said to my best friends, quoting:

"Okay girls. Let's go and get'em."

                                *****

A.N: Ohhh, Archer and Grace aren't close anymore... But who knows what the future holds? See you in the next chapter!
Love,