Chapter 40: Good Days

·Grace's POV·

And so the months went by and everything went back to normal again.

Well, as normal as it could get.

I mean, I don't categorize dating a resurrected boy as ordinary, truth be told. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that this could be real:a future by his side. Anyway, Archer and I's unique relationship is getting a little bit stronger each day that passes. We sure have our little arguments - being the truly passionate couple that we are requires keeping the flame alive.

And what better way to do so than going to prom together, don't you think?

That's right, today is prom day and I couldn't be any more excited. Remembering how Archer asked me to be his date brings me joy, seriously.

*Flashback*

"I won!" I did my victory dance around Noah's living room. Archer and I were currently babysitting Archer Jr., who was sound asleep upstairs. After telling his parents the truth about what happened to him, his brother offered himself to become his legal tutor and a spare bedroom at home. It wouldn't be weird that a forty-seven year old man had a seventeen year old 'son', would it? That's why I'm here with him. Noah and his family live fifteen minutes from my house, which makes it easier for me and Archer to visit each other. To kill time we both decided to play some board games. First, we played Monopoly and he, with his businessman-to-be self, won me. Then came the cards, which I defeated him on. We had just finished playing Trivial and may I tell you, I'd crushed him.

"Okay, okay. Trivial is not my thing. You know what is? Chess." He stated proudly.

"We'll see about that."

"Go ahead and bring the chess pieces. They are inside the second drawer."

Doing as I was told, I started opening the aforementioned drawer while saying:

"Fair enough, but I take the black on-" I stopped mid sentence when I noticed what was really in there. A small note tied with a navy blue ribbon laid next to a single red rose. I then took the note and read it.

'Roses are red,
violets are blue,
you need a date for prom,
if it isn't me, then who?'

I started laughing at his creation and turned around. There he was, approaching me. When he did, Archer took my hand in his and asked me himself:

'Will you go to prom with me?'

I don't think it was even necessary for me to answer, so I just made a little sound of pure happiness and kissed the life out of him.

"Uncle Archer, why are you trying to eat Gracie?" A groggy Archer Jr. asked from the stairway.

*End of flashback*

I really think the kid has inherited Archer's goofiness, I swear. He's like a mini version of my boyfriend. They are both completely cute until they prank me, joining forces.

Talking about Archer, it's almost half past seven. He should arrive any second now. I'm ready for him to pick me up too.

I'm wearing a rose gold gown with some fine jewelry on the top part of the dress. The skirt flows until it reaches the floor, creating a pink aura around me.