Chapter 18: Dance To This

·Grace's POV·

This trimester is finally over! It's been a hectic month full of tests, essays and presentations. My friends and I sailed through it all and we couldn't be more excited to start off the holidays by going to a party tonight. I owed them this much.

But what I'm looking forward to is to visit Archer tomorrow. We haven't been apart for this long ever since we met. You can tell it's driving me crazy in anticipation.

Okay Grace, now chill.

For the first time in my life I paid attention to my subconscious, letting myself wander around my closet in hopes to find a perfect outfit for tonight. Toli and Katie will be arriving any minute now to do our makeups and style our hairs, so I better be quick.

When the doorbell rang, I was finishing putting my heels on. My choice for tonight consists of an off the shoulder maroon dress and my black high-heeled ankle boots. Mum let my friends enter and they went directly upstairs, to my room.

"You haven't even finished yourself and I can already tell you'll look gorgeous Grace!" Toli complimented me.

"Well, you both have pulled out the big guns so I better keep up with you."

"What about we finish dolling ourselves up? The sooner we get to that party, the sooner we'll get out of it. I still can't understand how you've convinced me to come..."

"It's gonna be fun Katie! Just enjoy the ride." I said, taking her shoulders and shaking them.

"Whatever, at least we'll show how good we look tonight to all the seniors from high school."

"That's the spirit!"

Toli was wearing a black short-sleeved lace dress with pumps in the same color, whereas Katie chose to wear an emerald green blouse, dark skinny jeans and nude heels. And let me tell you, they looked stunning.

Just wait and see Roland's reaction.

An hour later, just on time to head to Blake's house, we finished our looks. While I decided to put my hair up into a messy ponytail and wear some liquid eyeliner and nude lipstick, Toli let her hair straight down framing her face only wearing mascara and red lipstick. Katie just kept the messy look of her pixie cut and used a bronze eyeshadow -to make her green eyes stand out- and some reddish lip gloss.

I was the designated driver for the night, so I took my car keys and we were ready to go and have some fun.

Blake's house was fifteen minutes by car, not a long ride. I parked in front of what looked like a mansion, where I spotted Roland's Jeep. And clearly, the three boys were already waiting for us, all of them looking fresh and clean.

"Hello ladies. So nice of you to finally show up." Isaac greeted us, sarcastically.

"It takes time to look this good, something that you might not comprehend by the looks of it." Toli answered him, checking him out with a fake sneer.

"Hey! Don't you dare insult my fashion sense!"

They went inside the house, still bickering.

"Wow, Katie. You look ravishing." Roland was just that cute. Katie giggled a bit and answered.

"Thank you Rollie. And guess what? We match!" She pointed at his emerald loosen tie on top of his shirt.

What a coincidence, huh? It's like someone texted him while Katie was doing her makeup. Who am I kidding? I was the one who texted him.

No regrets at all.

"Maroon suits you Gracie." Scott finally talked.

"Well, thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." He really didn't, wearing that navy blue shirt and jeans.