Chapter 38: It's Been A Long Time

·Grace's POV·

To say that I'm over the moon right now is an understatement. Archer was so sure he would become an angel after he was given the option, but something changed deep inside of him. Yesterday, he told me about what made him make up his mind: His family. There was a missing piece left to complete the puzzle of that perfect family. Said piece is Archer.

He also mentioned that he would never leave me behind, that we need each other to carry on. It's sweet how thoughtful he can be, even when he's trying to sugarcoat the truth. Archer wasn't entirely thinking about me while making that decision, and I understand that. Don't get me wrong, I know I mean the world to him, as well as he means it to me. It's just that he missses his old life too, being around those who haven't seen him in forty years.

And that's why he has been so excited during the whole day, because we are finally going to pay them a visit.

Right now we are on our way to Archer's old house and the closer we get, the more nervous he gets. Touching his knee with my free hand while driving, I reassured him:

"Archer, honey, calm down. It's going to be okay."

"I know, I know. But it's been way too long. What if they don't-"

"If you dare to ask me whether they will want you back or not, I WILL stop the car and make you walk the rest of the way. Got it?"

He just nodded, scared of the possibility.

"Perfect. Anyway, I'll need to get heading home before noon. Will you be okay staying at your parents'?"

"I guess so... I'd love if you stayed too. Don't want you to get in trouble though."

"Relax. I talked to Toli after you showed up at the graveyard, before we went to St. George to spend the night, remember? So I pleaded her to cover up for me. I was supposedly staying at her house for a sleepover." I told him. It's still eleven a.m. My excuse is credible enough, isn't it?

"Smooth, babe, smooth."

Hearing the word 'babe' come out of his mouth got me all flustered. It also reminds me of something.

This is happening, Archer is alive. We are finally free to love each other unconditionally, without sneaking around. Last night's events speak for themselves...

*Flashback*

"I still can't believe you are alive again." I said between passionate kisses as Archer tried to lock the door of his old room right back at the correctional (uselessly, because his free hand was way too occupied holding me closer than we've ever got before).

"Let me prove it to you then..." He replied, his eyes dilated and filled with wild lust. My heart skipped a beat as my eyes met his.

"I... I haven't..." All I could do was stutter. As much as I wanted to take our relationship to the next level, I was a bit scared, for this would be my first time.

"Grace, I won't force you to do anything you don't feel one hundred percent sure of doing. This can wait as much time as you need. It's just that I want to prove how much I love you, not only with words. I won't deny the fact that I feel extremely relieved to be your first: your first kiss, your first love, your first real boyfriend, and your first time – this last one doesn't have to happen today, all I bear in mind is your happiness and trust. However, I'm warning you: I'm your first, but I'll gladly be your last-that's it if you take me, of course. I love you, Grace. I would do anything for you, and if by that I have to wait to completely give myself to you, so be it." Archer reassured me with his little speech about how he wants us to happen, but under my conditions and timing. I swear to God he can't be any more perfect. That's why I took the nape of his neck and brought his lips to mine in a swift movement, gainning a satisfied groan from him.