Bonus Chapter: Until Death Do Us Part

·Grace's POV·

This is it. Every choice I've made during my life has led to this very moment.

Right now I'm standing in front of a huge mirror, staring at a new, more mature and hopeful version of myself. It's almost funny really, how time flies when you are truly happy and content with your life.

Or mostly happy.

I won't deny that the loss of one of my best friend left a deep scar in my heart, one that will take years to heal-in case that it finally does. If it weren't for Archer helping me throughout the way, I would simply be an empty shell of skin and bones. He thinks I was his saviour. What he doesn't know is that, in the end, he was mine too.

As I said, all that happened has led me to where I am now. To my wedding day.

Five minutes ago you would have witnessed what a hectic situation looks like, but I begged my mom, dad and my four bridesmaids for five minutes of solitude. Before walking down the aisle, I needed this alone time.

The short sleeved ivory wedding dress fits me like a glove, along with the nude stilettos. Despite everyone's opinion of how my dress should be, I remained loyal to my style: classy yet stunning. A pompous princess gown isn't my thing, to be honest. And for the makeup and hair style, the almond shape of my eyes is emphasized with my signature brownish-nude smokey eye and my lips painted with the softest nude lipstick; my face framed with lose strands of hair perfectly fallen from my braided bun.

"That's all I wanted. To be the best version of myself, from now on." I think as I take in my image in the mirror. I wonder what will be Archer's reaction and if he is just as nervous as I am.

With a shaky sigh, I made my way to the hotel room door and opened it. Focused on the corridor ahead, I say as sure and elated as I'll ever be:

"I'm ready."

***

·Archer's POV·

My God. After months of agonizing wait, the time has come. I'm marrying Grace in less than an hour.

"We leave in five minutes to the church, Archer." Logan appears out of nowhere and steps into the hotel room.

"Okay."

Then, Aaron comes into view too and walks towards me. He pats my back two times and fixes the lapels of my black tuxedo, along with my dark tie. Someone must have sent me a message, because the screen suddenly turned on showing my favorite photo to date. One of Grace smiling at me while holding a cup of coffee inside a café in Paris during our last trip together.

A smile crept across my face instantly. I surely cannot wait to see her walking down the aisle towards me and tell her for the millionth time how much I love her.

"You are one lucky bastard." My childhood best friend told me.

"Lucky indeed." I replied not losing sight of the screen.

"I never thought I..." He started again. He couldn't finish the sentence, a knot forming in his throat because of the emotion.

I never thought I would see you getting married.

I never thought I would see you this happy.

I never thought I would see you again.

The possibilities are endless.

This time I turned around and looked at him: "Neither did I."

His eyes were shiny with unshed tears, proudness written all over his face. When Grace asked me to pick a best man for the ceremony, my choice was obvious. Aaron was and always will be my best friend, even after forty long years. This kind of friendship never dies.