20A) Pete x Reader

A Hundred Kisses

My brother Michael and his friends had been acting strange the last few days, there was a rumor that Pete was gonna perform a confession song to someone. I shook my head, peeking at them practicing on the stage in the gym. Pete strummed a guitar while singing into the mic, Michael doing his own singing, as if he was backup.

"What are you doing (Name)?" Henrietta asked me, I jumped in fear.

"Fuckin' Christ! You scared the shit out of me! Are you gonna tell them I'm trying to watch?" I asked, nervous.

She smirked. "No, I'm gonna let you sit on the bleachers while we practice." She replied. "He want's you there."

"Michael or.. Pete?" I asked, biting my lip and staring at Pete from the doors.

She grabbed my hand, a smile on her face. "Pete."

I blushed. I sat where she pointed and walked towards the stage. I bit my lip harder, waving at Pete.

{Pete's POV}

She bit her lip, waving at me. I smiled, waving back to her.

"All right guys, from the top." He said, handing Firkle his guitar, and Henrietta sitting at the drums.

I walked towards Henrietta, leaning towards her. "And you're positive she likes me too?"

Michael walked up behind me. "I know everything about my sister. I'm positive she like you."

I nodded, grabbing the mic. "I really hope I'm not making a fool of myself doing this.. (Name)! These last few weeks messin' around with you have been so fucking good, I seriously needed to have your flesh on mine to realize that I was in it for more that just sex."

Michael punched my arm, I winced a smile on my usually stoic face as I grabbed the acoustic. "I love you too, future brother-in-law." I laughed.

Michael started the beat, and I began to strum my acoustic. (Now would be a good time to start the song)

{(Name)'s POV}

(Key; bold- is Pete singing, italics will be all of them)

I watched in awe, Pete had began the song by strumming his acoustic.

"Shake off the rain
And dry off and come inside tonight
You don't have to be alone
You don't have to be alone" He sang into the mic, looking directly at me.

"You've got the prettiest face I ever did see
With eyes inside like songs I swear I've known." He handed my brother the guitar, grabbing the mic and walking closer to the front of the stage.

"And I hope to god
That you're not pretending
Cause if you are
I swear I don't know what I'm going to do"

"But I promise you that I'll be good to you
If you promise that you'll try to love me too
Somehow" He sang, looking desperate and lovingly.

"I'd steal a hundred kisses
Before you say goodbye,
And make a hundred wishes
In the name of you and I,
Cause what we have is secret
So don't let no one know,
The past can't come between us
If we both just let it go," They all sang together on a few lines in the chorus and it was breathtaking.

"Today is the perfect day,
Today is the day I tell you, Ohh,
If you ever walk away,
Then I would die right there
For you." He gestured me closer.

I stood, walking towards him, placing my hand in his as he sat on the stage ledge.

"Give me your every breath
And promise me your world,
I don't ask for much at all
All I want is all you've got,"

"Could you be that girl
While you're thinking of me?
Or have I projected all of my hopes
On you?" He sang, he smiled at me while flipping his hair out of his face.

"And I know there'll be nights filled with tears
I know there'll be fights and fears
But that's a part of it too,"

"So do you think I have the slightest chance to be
Everything to you
'Cause you mean everything to me" He jumped off the ledge, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

I smiled at him, he was so normally stoic.

"I'd steal a hundred kisses
Before you say goodbye,
And make a hundred wishes
In the name of you and I,
Cause what we have is secret
So don't let no one know,
The past can't come between us
If we both just let it go,"

"Today is the perfect day
Today is the day I tell you, Ohh,
If you ever walk away,
Then I would die right there
For you"

"For you." They all finished together, as Pete pulled me closer kissing me on the lips passionately.

"I love you (Name), I'm sorry we had to get physical for me to figure it out." He said, rubbing his neck after breaking away from me.

I smiled, running a finger through my (H/c) hair. Kenny walked up towards us, a nervous smile on his face. "I some how made it where it was heard by... the whole... school, haha! Funny right!"

Poor Kenny got his ass kicked that day.