𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊

I awoke in the middle of the night. "F-Fey?" They questioned. By the figure standing at my bedroom door, I knew it was Nick, I could hear it in my dream. "Freya, are you awake?"

"You have to run, I can only hold them for so long. You have to leave, for the sake of the kingdom." My voice sounded oddly richer in an accent, I knew it was me, but I sounded older by a few years or more maybe.

"No. I won't leave you. Kahmunrah will kill you." He sad, he knew the truth. He knew that in order for him to live. I was to die. I would sacrifice myself for the kingdom, ever since they took me from five years old it was my duty.

"I can fight him, I've trained for this for years. You're the only hope we have Ahkmenrah. You have to go. Do it for me." Ahkmenrah was pondering, it was like he had eaten a sour grape. Tears stained his eyes. I wiped them away gently.

Then he pulled me into a loving embrace, butterflies tingled in my stomach. Time for us was short, shorter than we had hoped.

I blink and let my eyes adjust to the light. I was home and I was safe. The light of my computer was still on, I sighed research could only get me so far. My history books were spread across my bed and it's pages still open. "Well, I am now."

"I couldn't sleep." He whispered, his voice wavering. My brother never looked so small. Yes, there were moments like these, we had them before. "I know, I couldn't either."

My brother would most likely suck up to me and forget the knocking rule. Just so he could sleep in my bed and take up all the room. Then I would barely have an inch of room. I know I am gonna end up on the floor again. "Can I stay with you?"

"Yes," I said slowly. "Just just what happened to our knocking rule?" Nick didn't answer, he pulled back the purple covers of my queen sized bed and I could feel the cold already sweeping in. Letting my coloured pencils, highlighters and history books slip to the floor. "Hurry up, its cold your royal highness," I demand.

"Sheesh. What's your problem?"

"I was having a dream." I defend.

"About what? Dancing unicorns and rainbows?" Jamie asks.

"No, it was something different, really, really weird." I couldn't say much more, it was really different and almost Don weird. "Ooooh has Fey Fey got a little crushy wushy?" Nick teases, facing me. Even in the dark, I could make out his cheeky smile and his brown mop of hair on my pillow.

"No, you're not even close. I am way too busy for those sorts of things." I was only thirteen, not twenty-three. "Really all you do is stay home and read your stupid trashy romance books, study, go to yoga nights with mum or sometimes go for a walk during the park. So your really busy."

"Hey, that wasn't fair. Let's just drop the topic and go to sleep," I turned and gazed at my digital alarm clock, 3 am. "It's late." I could hear Nick's muffled response. "Ok."

Nick was quiet for a moment, I knew he wanted to say something, but he didn't. We both had the same thought. What was Dad going to do?

A few moments later, I could hear Nick's soft snores, then after finally putting aside my thoughts, I fell into a peaceful slumber.

I awoke at six o'clock, the digital alarm blaring from its place on my bedside table that contained a lamp, a glass of water that was a few days old and a stack of books I was to read.

Nick was gone so I suspected that he went to get ready in his room. The bright sunlight blinded me and suddenly my eyes focused. I pulled my favourite pair of blue jeans that were 90s inspired and a striped blue and green top off my battered red armchair. (I had laid out my outfit last night.)

I stuffed my MP3 Player into my jean pocket and pulled on a hoodie and scrambled barefooted to the bathroom that I shared with Nick.

I banged the bathroom door with my palm. "Hurry up Princess!" I called over Nick's thumping music.

"Almost done, just a minute!" He called over the music, it was a remix I had never listened too.

He opened the door to a neatly dressed Nick and I noticed that his hair was gelled. He must of been crushing on a girl, he would never put effort into his hair or clothing unless a reason.

A grin washed over my face as I walked into the bathroom. I spent little time in the bathroom and rushed to grab my pack.

I made jam on toast for my breakfast, Mum must of went to the office early today. Ugh, that meant Don was walking us today.

"Hey, Freya!" Don smiled in his monkey suit. "Ready for school?"

I discretely rolled my eyes and replied sarcastically, "No, I have decided that I am going to spend the day at the Zoo."

"Really?!" He asked shocked. What a goofball. "No, of course not silly! I am going to school."

"You had me scared for a moment Freya." I rolled my eyes again, wow. He was never going to use my nickname was he? I guess that's no.

I pulled my already packed lunch into my bag. I'd thank Mum when she come home. I noticed the note that she left,

Dear Fey,

I'm sorry sweetie. I know you hate it when I can't walk you and Nick to school. I'll make it up to you. Keep 'Rockin' it,' my little legend. I have some good news, your Dad got a job as a night guard at The Museum Of Natural History. I was thinking that you could go and get some research on that Pharaoh you were telling me about on Wednesday. It would help you a lot, they'd have heaps of stuff in his exhibition and all, maybe I could get you a private tour on the weekend or something. Call me when you get home. See you tonight.

Love Mum xx

I externally sighed, we were stuck with Don for today and tomorrow. We should be with Dad, stupid custody agreement.

But Dad had a job. Maybe things would fall in place?

AUTHORS NOTE:
Just please take a note that the bold and italic, it is a memory that Freya has on her past with Ahkmenrah. If it is just bold, Ahkmenrah and Freya are talking in Egyptian to one another, (usually.) You should take not of that for future chapters, espcailly part two. Are you liking the story so far? Thanks Maddy x

EDITED: 24th of December 2019