𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄

I knew what was happening after all this had happened a million times before. These visions of mine were often consistently within the same patterns but there was a pang of a surprise because this vision was through my own eyes — Freya's eyes. Ugh, I was 'in' a vision again and it was the worst timing in the world!

I pivoted on my feet hoping that I could find any sense of direction in these labyrinth hallways. "Freya!" It was Ahkmenrah's voice, soft and clear. He knew exactly who I was and the world swirled — knowing that this was my Ahk, spread an instant warmth from my head to my toes. . . But how in the world was he here with me?

"Ahk. . . How?" I whispered unable to properly gather my words, then without my own control automatically clinging to his side. His lips pressed against my hair and his arms tightly locking around me, "I don't know, my love."

My love. The world swirled again.

"Ahk, I've only been here once as this m-me — when Kahmunrah murdered you. All the other times it's Ramla's eyes, my old eyes but it's still me. I still feel the same, I can remember." There it was, I had spilled thr truth to him at the most unexpected moment. Ahk suddenly trembled against me, letting out a gasp then burying his face into the crook of my neck, breathing heavily.

"I knew it. All along," he whispered but the words were muffled against my skin. "That the gods wouldn't let our love die. That not even death could part us."

Ahk moved away to face me, the smooth satin of his left hand resting against my cheek. Ahkemrah was crying and I think I was too. "Ahkmenrah," I breathed, taking his hand away from my cheek and pressing my lips against it. There was the smallest hint of blush against his tanned copper skin.

It was that look in his eyes I had seen in only a few rare fleeting moments. Then before I knew it, I was pulled into him, hands pressed firmly against my hips, and I was drowning in the depths of his green eyes. A wide toothy grin grew upon his lips as he leaned down ever so slowly to press his lips to my own.

It felt like a distant dream, hazy and blurry but somehow familiar. It felt right and natural to mould my body into his, to run my fingers through his soft, slightly curly hair as his gentle lips danced passionately across my own. My stomach fluttered with familiar butterflies with the memory of hundreds of kisses like this one but I knew that there was never one as captivating, loving and hungry for the other as this one.

I felt my heart soar and melt with more love for Ahkmenrah than I could ever comprehend, my soul had never truly loved him as I loved him now. When Ahkmenrah broke away gasping for air, I clung to him so tight and unmoving, that he stumbled his back slightly hitting the stone wall.

"Don't stop," I pleaded softly, my hand reaching up to trace the gentle panes of his gorgeous face. I hated that I couldn't read his eyes, it made me nervous and awkward but then Ahk smiled bashfully, in a rare shy manner I hadn't witnessed before as deep blush washed over his cheeks. "Ra---Freya, I don't remember you being so . . . forward." There was a smooth deeper honey-like tone to his voice and it made me so much more attracted to him. I shivered.

"It is the twenty-first century, my king." Ahk grew even more flustered and my confidence only grew. My eyes widened as I remembered, the idea of practically making out with my thousands of year old lover washing out of my thoughts, "Ahk. Can you remember today? What happened tonight in the gardens?" For a moment Ahkmenrah was silent, his mind reeling as seconds later he clutched me tighter as if something could take me away from him. "Of course, how could I forget?---"

"Ahk. My visions have always had a purpose. And I'm always alone, seeing through my old eyes, something must be wrong if we're both here." Ahkmemrah swallowed hard, his thoughts far away. "Listen," I tried again, "The last time I was actually here in a vision was when he killed you and I was powerless against it. Were here but not really here. Like a hologram but invisible to all who are actually here."

"I. . . I think I remember hearing your voice." He whispered softly, his voice as deep and smooth as honey, his soft fingers of his left hand running through the tresses of my blood hair. "You were pleading for me not to give up, to fight when he stabbed me."

I was at a loss for words. "I was there. It was me. . . Having to witness that and having no power to stop it was truly the most horrific and painful agony my heart has ever felt." I shuddered, pushing the tormenting memory from my mind, forcing myself to remember that he was here.

"Freya. . .?" He whispered softly, lips pressed against my ear, "D-Do you still love me as I love you?" My heart jolted, with both surprise and confusion at his sudden confession  --- how could he be so ridiculous and think something so stupid? Did he not recognise my feelings for him at all? But he loved me. Ahkmenrah still loved me. There was one line, I had spoken only once before, the first time I had ever told him I had loved him, four millennia ago in his private gardens south of here, "Forever I will protect and love you, Ahkmenrah."

"Forever," Ahhmenrah agreed solemnly, then pressed his lips to mine once more. That was when I saw it crisp and clear, a vision within a vision, the flash of the golden tablet mounted upon its place upon the wall, where often at night I met Ahkmenrah's father Pharaoh Merenkahre. I knew exactly why we were here. Ahk and I had to change the inscription of the tablet. I broke away from Ahk gasping for air and suddenly felt cold and icy without his touch.

Freya. The voice. My voice. Ramla's voice. Remember, love does not make you weak, for love is the greatest strength of all.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note: i no joke burst into tears writing this chapter, ahk and freya deserve the world. i love them so freaking much it hurts. i hoped you all liked it! anyways, i need some help, who should we cast as a face-claim for freya? with all that aside remember lovelies to wash your hands!