𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐎𝐇

As much as I hated sleeping, I knew it was important. I had spent three years of my life with these frustrating visions. How many times in this life of my mine had I hade Ahk worry about me? How many times did I have to make the aching hole in his heart for Ramla deeper?

I could feel my body slipping away now, I clung to conscious. I knew it was foolish to fight it, my visions always won. I rolled onto side, my blankets and sheets beginning to become a tangling mess around me.

With a sigh, I let my visions win, this time I fell completely and utterly in my vision. A blinding white light flashed over my eyes, I blinked a few times trying to adjust to the lighting. This time it wasn't like it always was, I wasn't seeing through the eyes of Ramla, I was seeing through my own and it was different.

I stood in the throne room, I could see Ahkmenrah slouching in his chair, two guards posted by his side, clutching their staffs. I was standing in my stained pyjamas watching Ahk stare down at the marble floors, with such sad, lifeless eyes. I had a journal in my room that I recorded my visions, Ahk tried one hundred times to help me with a timeline, but I couldn't put him through anymore pain. This was different, I had never actually been here. I was only ever with Ramla, seeing the world through her eyes and her heart. I knew what this meant, she was gone. This was like the vision I once had without her, she had died, Ahk crying over her lifeless body.

I couldn't peel my eyes away from from him, suddenly Ahk's eyes met my own. His beautiful green eyes suddenly pooled with tears, and an unbearable sadness was laced through them.

"Ahk?" I whispered, I was being foolish. I had watched back to the future the other day with Nick and I had learnt how dangerous it would be if he saw me.

"Ahkmenrah?" I called again, this time more desperately. I hated to admit it but I was sacred, this was very very new for me. Suddenly the doors had bursted open revealing two panting guards that seemed to have been running. The duo didn't even seem to notice me, they walked right through me, it gave an odd uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Ahkmenrah!" I screamed, he never seemed to look my way. Maybe this was a nightmare, it was my greatest fear, losing someone that meant everything to me. I had never thought about my feelings for him like this. A part of myself tried to ignore how I felt, I knew this was from Ramla. She was taught her whole life to not let her emotions get in the way, but I knew how she felt about him. The fact it was overwhelming, now that I was older I could start to understand and uncover these feelings. But I was thirteen then, and things were different for me.

"Your highness!" Spoke the one closest to me, he was very muscular and burly. "My king, we do not mean to disturb you, but we found three guards dead in the gardens."

I watched as Ahk suddenly stood up straighter, Ahk puffed his chest out and took a deep breath. "Apply your protection to the people. Alert the people of this kingdom to stay safely in their homes, you shall go search for the intruder...." Ahk paused suddenly, turning to the two guards that stood by his side, he swallowed gently. "The two of you, shall go too and help search for the intruder." I was taken aback by his kindness and generosity. I had often wondered what Ahk was like as a leader, and seeing him like this I finally saw him.

The guards by his eyes looked at one another clearly shocked. "My king, we made an oath to never leave your side!" Even looking at the faces of the four guards, I was clearly as baffled as them.

"This isn't time to worry about your king. I was trained to protect myself from matters such as these. As Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth kings. Your ruler, as Pharaoh of this great kingdom, I demand you to protect my people. We cannot have any more innocent lives lost." I was amazed that Ahk could stay so calm, I would of been boiling with anger and I would of been screaming.