𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

The class sat nervously at their desks, looking out at them made it worse. I rubbed my sweaty palms against my faded black jeans. I had never written down what I had learnt from Ahkmenrah!

My eyes met Mrs Jones who gave a reassuring smile that didn't calm my nerves. The class waited patiently for me to continue, I bit my lip.

My eyes lowered to my palm cards. "The three most important lessons I had learnt from Pharaoh Ahkmenrah..." I trailed off, thinking for a moment before I would begin speaking.

"You see although Pharaoh Ahkmenrah only ruled Egypt for a year or so before he was brutally murdered by his old brother Kuhmunrah. His ruling was effected deeply by his past; losing his parents and his love for his guardian Ramla. Instead of mourning, he ruled in Ramla and his parents honour, and with that he was one of the most famous rulers of his time.. " I was smiling now, I couldn't help but grin at the thought of him.

"Pharaoh Ahkmenrah taught me no matter what happens in your life it makes you stronger and make you who you are. Ahkmenrah sacrificed so much for his kingdom. Ahkmenrah taught me about loyalty, being fair and kind." I paused, looking into the eyes of my fellow students.

For a moment I debated saying the truth. I choked back air then spoke loudly. "M-Most of all Ahkmenrah taught me about love, and that true love never dies."

Mr Jones let out a clap and the class followed with her actions, "Well done Miss Daley, I would like to see you after class. Can we now have Mr Stewards up please?"

The boy with shaggy hair and thick squared glasses stumbled over to the front of the classroom.

I rested my head in my hands with a sigh, watching poor Mitchell Stewards mumble on about Teddy Roosevelt, who happened to be my friend.

Then suddenly I blinked and I felt the world once again, fall away.

Even when we had moments left together, I could see the sadness in his eyes, I could see the turmoil that his duty and responsibility caused. I was selfish, I was holding him back from his duty, from his birthright. I had my own path and he had his. I wasn't supposed to get attached but I disobeyed my orders. Ahkmenrah still had his arms tightly around me, I gently pushed him off. I had to leave.

It was then that Ahkmenrah's eyes met my own, his startling bright green eyes that were once filled with joy and youth, now they seemed sadder, they were losing his youth. "No. D-Don't. I can't let you leave." He muttered, tears strolling down his eyes, I gently wiped them away with the back of my hand. "Y-You can't go. I-I love you." He took my hand in his, intertwining them.

I blinked back my own selfish tears. "I am going to be selfish, perhaps until the end of time, but I'll always love you." Then I gently removed his hand from my own. I gave a curt nod, meeting his eyes once more, and got ready to defend the love I would die for. I would always be thankful for the time the gods let me have with him.

I blinked a few times, my head spun. I swallowed down the tears, I knew that would come. Even in a classroom full of my classmates, i felt everything so deeply. I knew her emotions, her feelings, her thoughts and I knew how much she truly loved Ahkmenrah. Ramla felt like a part of me now. In her honour I would protect him, and that meant I would have to train. I had no real idea what to do exactly, but I would learn over time wouldn't I?

My mother would surely notice my sudden increase in being active. I would sort of have to ease into it. That would be hard and Don would ask all these silly questions. If I had told them they'd think I was insane, I could already imagine their responses.

Nick would try to help me defend my cause, but they wouldn't believe him. They wouldn't even believe me. Mum would think I was insane and needed a therapy of sorts, and Don would think I was on drugs.

Dad would understand, everything was moving far to slow and Mitchell was stuttering and my heart went out to him. In life we all had our challenges, I was afraid of blood. Anything to do with it, and my mind went back to the vision with Ahkmenrah crying over Ramla, the mental image came to clearly to my mind. Ramla was stabbed in abdomen, and I had a light spotted birthmark there.

Perhaps these things were adding up, maybe everything was stitching together. Maybe these were clues, or signs from above.

Maybe I wasn't linked to Ramla... Maybe I was her reincarnated. That would be understand able, I guess. This was like something creepy you'd find in the dark depths of YouTube. It would explain the visions and dreams, the weird tunes I would hum, weird protective moves I would make. Maybe for the three thousand years, I had been protecting him. I would die and come back to life, a endless cycle of sorts.

Each life I was a different person but in all these lives, I had the same soul. The same goal; to protect Pharaoh Ahkmenrah.

I jolted upwards suddenly clapping along with my classmates, I gave a kind smile as Mitchell walked back into the seat behind me. He fumbled with his glasses and gave a nervous smile back. Time ticked on slowly and I slowly lost my patience. I fumbled with the hem of my knitted jumper.

As all my classmates began to pour out of the room, I tapped a pencil against my desk, as Mrs Jones walked over and lent against the desk before mine.

"What do you have to say about yourself?" She started, a small smile fading from her lips. Mrs Jones was often kind to me but know she wasn't happy.

"Exactly about what?" I whisper confused, of course I knew that Ramla wasn't recorded in the history books. "You know exactly what Freya." She sneered, I but my hands up in defence. "Spit it out."

I lunged backwards into my chair, folding my hands over the back of my head. Suddenly I felt different and I didn't know why. "Freya, this isn't a game."

I sighed, letting the chair fall backwards onto his four legs, glancing but a clock, I smiled.
"I don't understand what I done wrong." I whisper suddenly, I don't think I ever wanted get out of here so badly. I had never craved Ahkmenrah's company so much.

"Freya who is Ramla?" She asked in a tsk, tsk sort of way. It was clear she was losing her patience. "Ramla is Ahkmenrah's guardian and the tablet of Ahkmenrah." Mrs Jones looked confused.

"She didn't exist. There is no record of Ramla." Mrs Jones pulled out the textbook from behind her, opening the pages about Ahkmenrah and flicked through them quickly.

"How do you know that? She is a real person. I can prove it." Mrs Jones laughed and shook her head, "How?" I bit my lip and smiled, "The power of history."

Mrs Jones tilted her head like the way a dog would, "Really Freya? What has gotten to you?"

"I don't know, you wouldn't believe me if I told you and if you want to talk to my parents, call my Dad first." I stood up slung my bag over my should and have a cheeky smile and wave and lottery ran out of the room.

EDITED: 24th of December 2019